• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another analogy with face masks..... When you smell someone's fart, molecules of that person's fecal matter have actually travelled from their anus through their underwear and perhaps jeans or wh

Good idea! wear that on the SuperCat!

Posted Images

to_dave007

As of this morning, COVID-19 protocol at JMall Immigration this morning is MASK NEEDED TO ENTER.  Another foreigner told me no masks for sale in the mall.  He bought one from taxi driver.  

• Like 2
lamoe

Cebu Doctors Hospital - posted about masks (P3.5 each) -  500 ml 70%  P101 - limit 1

She seemed flabbergasted that I could just walk up to Central Supply and say "have any?"

Different culture "can do vs no can do"

Edited by lamoe
rfm010

Am flabbergasted myself that a hospital is selling masks at all.  Hospitals in metro are asking for mask donations as they are running short.  

The headline embedded in this link says whats important, the link itself has too many popups and such to click on.

https://philnews.ph/2020/03/16/hospitals-ask-for-additional-face-mask/

• Like 1
Goetz1965

Hm I have 4 mask in stock here, I should go there each day to rent them out...

lamoe

We wear the masks whenever we leave - when back she sprays them with sanitizer and puts in a sealed container - makes her happy and can't hurt

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 2
fred42

I drove down to Honda to buy a 6.5 KVA Genset..Had 85K in cash to buy it.
Guard wouldn't let me in because I didn't have a mask on..Ha!

Edited by fred42
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Headshot

EVERYBODY should be wearing masks when outside of their homes; not so much to protect themselves but to protect others.

People need to remember that ALL masks stop at least some airborne micro water droplets (containing virus particles), both breathing out and breathing in (they catch more breathing out than breathing in). Water droplets stick to materials that they come into contact with, and in doing so, all of the virus particles contained in the water droplets are also trapped. If there is no mask, then those water droplets might land on a person's mucous membranes (mouth, nose or eye tear ducts) and cause further infections.

A cotton bandana might trap 40 to 50% of the droplets. A paper surgical mask might trap 65 to 75% of the droplets. A good quality multi-layer cotton mask (as is very common in Asia right now) might catch 85 to 90% of the droplets. Remember, more layers offer better protection in this kind of mask. An N95 type mask will catch ALL water droplets and MIGHT catch up to 95% of free-floating virus (not attached to a water droplet).

All masks protect others by reducing the number of airborne micro water droplets containing virus particles floating around in the air, especially with a virus that is highly infectious even before a person shows any symptoms. And this virus can be passed without ANY symptoms, turning the asymptomatic infected person (who doesn't wear a mask) into a kind of Typhoid Mary.

If everybody is wearing a mask, then viruses will be a thing of the past because they can't infect new people. Not only did Singapore and Taiwan stop the coronavirus in its tracks by mandating that everybody must be masked; they also stopped the seasonal flu in its tracks (which was still on an upward trend when they mandated masks). Normally these countries would still have thousands of active flu cases at this time of year, but this year there are NO flu cases right now. Almost immediately after mask wear became mandatory, flu cases dropped precipitously. If we can convince (or coerce, if necessary) more people to wear masks, then no virus (or germ) will be able to reliably transmit between people, and virus spread will stop. The rest of the world needs to learn from these countries.

People have looked for the cure to the common cold and the seasonal flu throughout history. Well, here it is, and it didn't take some multi-billion dollar research facility to come up with it. Just wear a mask.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4
  • Administrator
Dafey
38 minutes ago, Headshot said:

EVERYBODY should be wearing masks when outside of their homes; not so much to protect themselves but to protect others.

The original thinking was that the mask was to keep contagious people from infecting others when they cough/sneeze and to protect health care workers from, contracting the disease while working with the sick.

While it is not as likely to contract this virus by breathing tainted air in the grocery, market or riding in a taxi as it is when shaking someone's hand, it still provides some protection. By all means...wear a mask.

Personally I think my wife is kind of sexy in a mask and I've asked her to wear one at all times! :wink: 

• Haha 2
Headshot

Here is the deal. If EVERYBODY is wearing a mask, you don't have to shut down your economy or even your schools. Our leaders are sacrificing the economy and even out children's education to this virus when, if they had taken a different direction as mandated mask wear to go outside of the home, none of the other draconian measures would be necessary. So, wear a mask.

If you can't buy masks, have them made (using at least three layers of material and more is better). There is no excuse for not wearing one. If you aren't doing it for yourself, do it for everyone else. As soon as EVERYONE is wearing a mask, then your area can get back to work (and study). Once more and more areas do the same, countries (and the world) can do the same.

This isn't rocket science. It works against ALL germs and viruses, not just the Coronavirus. And make your voices heard. Contact your leaders (regardless of their political leanings), and tell them to mandate mask wear for EVERYBODY.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I bought 10 mask way back when you could still buy them on Amazon. Carry a few with me in the car, but don't go out but once every 8-10 days. Still haven't felt the need to wear one yet. Who knows what the future may bring though.

• Like 2
to_dave007
5 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I bought 10 mask way back when you could still buy them on Amazon. Carry a few with me in the car, but don't go out but once every 8-10 days. Still haven't felt the need to wear one yet. Who knows what the future may bring though.

If I don't wear here in Tuburan..  someone would challenge me about it.  Pretty much everyone is wearing when out in street..

On 4/1/2020 at 7:36 AM, Dafey said:

They say this about to sweep through the nursing homes in North Am

Death toll at 17 of 65 now.

• Like 2
  • Administrator
Dafey
32 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Here is the deal. If EVERYBODY is wearing a mask

I agree...to a point. I rarely see people wearing and using a mask properly. For instance, how often to you see peeps with a mask over their mouth and their nose exposed? You should not touch the mask once it is on your face...how often do you see someone scratching their nose through their mask? Or, how many rub/scratch their eyes? And the surgical mask is designed to be thrown away and incinerated after use...maybe 4 hours...peeps are wearing them for a week or more. Cloth made masks need to be washed often...daily? twice a day?

The mask is a good thing but not the save all for this situation

38 minutes ago, Headshot said:

Our leaders are sacrificing the economy and even out children's education to this virus

I look at it that our Leaders are protecting the people. Unless they shut down business and do nothing to isolate, test and quarantine.

Welcome...come into our business! Just ignore the pile of bodies in the corner!

Headshot
14 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

It is when you don't feel the need that you really should. The Coronavirus is equally infectious from symptomatic and asymptomatic people who are infected. The asymptomatic period can last anywhere from 3 to 14 days, so when would you feel the need for a mask? The only way to get everybody wearing a mask is to put penalties on not wearing them, but that doesn't prevent those who are smart enough to see the problem and its solution from wearing them even before they are mandated.

Look at Singapore and Taiwan. Neither has shut down either businesses or schools. Their economies are still thriving. However, the infection rate for the Coronavirus has been slowed to a snail's pace in both countries. What did they do? They mandated mask wear.

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
1 minute ago, Headshot said:

so when would you feel the need for a mask?

Daaa, when I'm in the proximity of other people...:rolleyes:

• Like 1