Wearing Masks as Coronavirus Protection

to_dave007

Just imagine if you could walk into a store, and they DID have an unlimited stock of N95 masks.  just by chance..  just for today.  And after today it's likely there will be no stock for months and months.  You have lots of money, but not unlimited, so you can't buy them all.  How many would you buy?  Why? What would your logic be?

Some parameters..  You are a family of 4..  2 adults.. 2 children age 9 and 1.  MIL and BIL live with you..  20 other family members live in the mountain not far away. Cousin and his wife and 3 daughters live next door.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• lamoe

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another analogy with face masks..... When you smell someone's fart, molecules of that person's fecal matter have actually travelled from their anus through their underwear and perhaps jeans or wh

Good idea! wear that on the SuperCat!

Posted Images

lamoe
8 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Just imagine if you could walk into a store, and they DID have an unlimited stock of N95 masks.  just by chance..  just for today.  And after today it's likely there will be no stock for months and months.  How many would you buy?  Why?

Some parameters..  You are a family of 4..  2 adults.. 2 children age 9 and 1.  MIL and BIL live with you..  20 other family members live in the mountain not far away. Cousin and his wife live next door.

It's human nature - see it on East coast every hurricane that makes landfall

Other parameters - counted over 50 cases in pic x 160 / case = +800

You buy 5,000 (that is not a joke number)  speak only Chinese and your country is waving import restrictions that they put on EVERYTHING coming from US

3M masks are made in China - not US - there are some US manufacturers - running 24/7 now - if they're smart

Gerson is one but theirs are also being scalped on Amazon

liquido

I bet the counterfeit N95 mask business is making a fortune here...

Goetz1965

I try to import larger quantities of masks for our shop, but on alibaba its nearly impossible to find suppliers.
Those I found that might deliver have order books full and if I oder now than I will get them send in MAy - plus 3-4 weeks for seafreight.

Here are example answers from suppliers, it will become a gold rush for people selling those masks...:

• Yes these Masks are available in bulk but Currently for all the Exporters our Government imposed temporary ban on Exporting any mask. If you have any local agent in Pakistan he will help you in getting these masks to your country.
  • right now we can not supply the face mask, our factory only can supply for the local market as first priority
  • all stocks are already booked
  • Price of 3 ply mask: USD $O.20 Per piece. (usual price is only 0,05$/pcs) MOQ: 10,000 Pieces, Available in stock: 1,00,000 pieces.
    Price of N95 Mask: USD $2.9 Per piece. (usual price is only 0,20$/pcs) MOQ: 1000 Pieces, Available in stock: 20,000 pieces.
  • We only sell to individual customers now. The dealer customers do not accept now because the government does not allow export
  • Like 1
lamoe
48 minutes ago, Goetz1965 said:

I try to import larger quantities of masks for our shop, but on alibaba its nearly impossible to find suppliers.
Those I found that might deliver have order books full and if I oder now than I will get them send in MAy - plus 3-4 weeks for seafreight.

Here are example answers from suppliers, it will become a gold rush for people selling those masks...:

• Yes these Masks are available in bulk but Currently for all the Exporters our Government imposed temporary ban on Exporting any mask. If you have any local agent in Pakistan he will help you in getting these masks to your country.
  • right now we can not supply the face mask, our factory only can supply for the local market as first priority
  • all stocks are already booked
  • Price of 3 ply mask: USD $O.20 Per piece. (usual price is only 0,05$/pcs) MOQ: 10,000 Pieces, Available in stock: 1,00,000 pieces.
    Price of N95 Mask: USD $2.9 Per piece. (usual price is only 0,20$/pcs) MOQ: 1000 Pieces, Available in stock: 20,000 pieces.
  • We only sell to individual customers now. The dealer customers do not accept now because the government does not allow export

Posted that ACE SM had some (11 dual packs) - try calling around to ACE, etc.

Look at Amazon - not the cheapest but maybe in stock

I have Prime account if that helps you if you do find one

Goetz1965

Does anyone here has already a import license?
I am in process to obtain one for our shop, but it takes 3-4 weeks before we have it.
If I order masks now it would be better to use someone with an import licence already to speed things up.

Headshot
2 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Does anyone here has already a import license?
I am in process to obtain one for our shop, but it takes 3-4 weeks before we have it.
If I order masks now it would be better to use someone with an import licence already to speed things up.

Good luck with that. China has nationalized the 3M plant that makes N95 masks, and th4ey aren't allowing any exports. Any masks you find now are either counterfeits or just left over from before the outbreak.

• Administrator
Salty Dog

I'm just not that worried that I need a mask. However the wife wanted me to buy some.

I ordered some from Amazon last week and got them today. 

The price has already doubled in just a few days.

I think I'll keep them until I can sell them for enough to buy a car...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Headshot

3M has restarted and increased production of N95 in at least one of their US factories, and they expect to be able to put out over 43 million masks per month. My guess is that they had better bring more production lines up and greatly increase their volume. Otherwise, they will never get ahead of the curve.

rfm010
13 hours ago, Headshot said:

3M has restarted and increased production of N95 in at least one of their US factories, and they expect to be able to put out over 43 million masks per month. My guess is that they had better bring more production lines up and greatly increase their volume. Otherwise, they will never get ahead of the curve.

It's one thing to run the presses day and night to up production, its another to build new presses.

lamoe

There are "Made in America" mask manufactures

Also look for half and full face masks - N95 / N100 - more expensive but seem to be available

Soupeod

I bet you could pick up some M17 gas masks and filters from the military surplus stores.

They will stop everything.

• Like 4
  • Administrator
Dafey
42 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

I bet you could pick up some M17 gas masks and filters from the military surplus stores.

They will stop everything.

Good idea! wear that on the SuperCat!

• Haha 6
Headshot
17 hours ago, rfm010 said:

It's one thing to run the presses day and night to up production, its another to build new presses.

They may not have a choice. China has nationalized 3M in China and won't allow any masks to be exported. If the US wants masks, they will have to figure out how to make them in the US again. BTW, there are still N95 production lines in the 3M plant in Aberdeen, South Dakota, which are now ramping up. Unfortunately, there is no way that one plant can meet the demand in the coming months or years (even the demand in the US).

Edited by Headshot
Headshot

The CDC is now saying that people should only buy masks if they are already sick, but of course, they won't be able to find masks at that point. The CDC is obviously run by idiots.