Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Top 10 stadium flyovers

lamoe

• Like 2

SkyMan

My favorite was a B1-B because it was my OTS graduation.  This years SB was bust.

Better flyovers at air shows though.  F-15s flyover and then pull up turning the afterburners at the crowds.  I don't think they're allowed to do that at stadiums due to the sound levels.

• Like 1

Goetz1965

Did you see that ground defense tried the F15s lol

lamoe

Rockford air show many years ago - late 80's? - before Middle East wars

"Will all veterans please please assemble at gate #"

Decent size group show up - walk us out onto runway - "if you would please form a single line" - start playing national anthem   - wife said she and some people around her had tears in their eyes by "land of the free / home of the brave"

Then this F-4 comes in from the side low ( I mean low) and slow - felt like right over us - gets past and immediately another one comes in from the other side -  burners on -  somewhat higher thankfully :ROFLMAO:

Last time I went still did the flyover but no one on tarmac or that low on burners:idontknow:- probably got complaints about noise - Green Mamba at short track was louder and had more over pressure.