Jawny

Ferry travel restrictions related to coronavirus?

Jawny

Aside from the Camiguin travel restrictions, has anyone experienced issues with regard to using ferries......particularly being asked about prior travel or had a fever check before boarding?  More specifically, between Leyte and Cebu  

• Like 1

Raven

I know you ask about Leyte/Cebu, which I don't know about...but for others to know, I was just in Cebu from Cagayan de Oro with Trans Asia and absolute no sign or talk about virus...well, a few seniors wearing face mask and a guy with alcohol/sanitizer when we arrived back in CdO, that was it.

• Like 2

mikewright

Passengers catching the boat from Maya, Cebu to Malapascua Island were being individually scanned for temperature two weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SkyMan

I'm wondering about this too.  I have trip coming up with ferries involved.  Various local governments are starting to freak out and instigate 'safety' measures to show their constituents how they are protecting them.  Nobody wants people yelling, "why didn't you do something? It's your fault the virus is here."

user333

I rode the Super Shuttle ferry from Camiguin to Bohol and they handed out this flyer that you had to fill out on the ferry. On arrival, you had to hand it to a worker who took your temperature and a cop took your picture. It’s just the image of security. There is no real medical exam. The screening is just based on what you self-report. My Filipina wife was not required to fill this out. Either they thought she was unable to travel to these countries or she was unable to contract this virus. 

02A106A6-CBB9-4BD5-AB42-331AC3E8A4B7.png

• Like 2

mikewright

No fever check or other restrictions I could see on Supercat Cebu to Ormoc Leyte.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jawny

Thanks for the update.  As an aside, does it appear there are fewer non-Filipino tourists in the terminal?

mikewright
4 hours ago, Jawny said:

Thanks for the update.  As an aside, does it appear there are fewer non-Filipino tourists in the terminal?

Nope, nothing that stood out. Quite a few Westerners on the trip to Ormoc, less on the return trip.

What does stand out is how many vacant seats there are overall. Not sure if this is usual, but 7:45 am Cebu-Ormoc and 1:45pm Ormoc-Cebu not even half full.

• Like 2

liquido

I kind of like the bittersweet now of traveling....The obvious lurking virus being the bitter but the sweet part I like you said is the ferry's being half full and from my experience the airports are not congested with all the foreigner/native travelers...

• Like 2