What is the WAN IP on the assigned to the PLDT fiber modem

PLDT is NATting the adress (cgnat), like any mobile carrier (as you would have on a cell phone). There is no easy fix, but you can still buy an IP, I believe it is still dynamic, but it should not be to expensive.

This bit does not make sense to me...why a VPN server, just need to access your local net, or not ( like camera etc....)?

32 minutes ago, Woolf said:

what I want is, to have a VPN server on my local net here in PH, so that I can access my ph local net from denmark when I am there 

Edited by Cgu
Woolf
11 minutes ago, Cgu said:

This bit does not make sense to me...why a VPN server, just need to access your local net, or not ( like camera etc....)?

Could be I want to access to a NAS on my ph local lan  from outside my ph local lan

anyway  it is not important     

Really I just wanted to know  if the PLDT fiber modem was issued a private or public IP

I think that I now know it is a private, so will not waste more energy on this 

Edited by Woolf
MickyG
13 hours ago, Raven said:

Yes..."you don't know PLDT" - they sell you a modem/router with only 1 LAN Port open and only a password to limit settings...you have to request admin access to have full access..

we recently changed to their fibre and in doing so our modem does not allow access to even one LAN port

Raven

My modem/router model is AN5506-04-F and has 4 physical LAN Ports, but only 1 was open and I had only very limited access to setup.

image.png.f476ab871daef27f60b484d24b7c40bc.png

I signed a waiver and has now full access to setup 

lamoe
8 minutes ago, Raven said:

My modem/router model is AN5506-04-F and has 4 physical LAN Ports, but only 1 was open and I had only very limited access to setup.

image.png.f476ab871daef27f60b484d24b7c40bc.png

I signed a waiver and has now full access to setup 

If this is not what Woolf needs - sorry - mine is white - not sure if I signed wavier - installed - promptly extended range by simply adding LAN cable to old router - used grade 8

Have had 3 devices using Globe router at same time ( 2 phones, 1 PC)

Wireless repeater with cable?

Paddy

I don’t know why Globe/PLDT et al lock the routers down so much but info is out there. 
One way to enable the Ethernet ports is to get a tech to do it. Another, if you have figured out the correct Admin ID and password is to do this...

Copy paste this into your browser
"http://192.168.1.1/internet/wan_sfu.asp"
in the LAN Binding, Check the boxes...
LAN 2, LAN 3 AND LAN 4
click "Apply" at the very bottom of the page
This will enable internet access on all 4 LAN ports

What you are doing, while logged in as Admin, is dodging the telco’s version of the main menu and going directly to the “right” configuration page. 
There’s lists of many configuration pages “out there” if you want to muck around with other stuff. 

Edited by Paddy
Additional
  • Like 1
Daddle
13 hours ago, Woolf said:

Well I do not know if it is expensive for PLDT, I am NOT asking for a static IP

with my provider in denmark I get a public dynamic ip, I pay extra for a static IP, but not that much

public dynamic IP can be solved with DDNS, no problem

what I want is, to have a VPN server on my local net here in PH, so that I can access my ph local net from denmark when I am there 

or really access it from anywhere 

Okay. All good. Sad about the high cost here.