What is the WAN IP on the assigned to the PLDT fiber modem

Woolf

I need a little help to find out if the IP assigned to your PLDT fiber modem is a public IP or not

Can someone with a PLDT fiber modem try to log into the modem and find the wan IP, if the IP is 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, if 10. whatever, then it is not public

thanks in advance

Raven

Starting with 100.

cookie47

Is this any help. PLDT FIBRE.. 

I couldn't log in directly to the modem despite numerous combinations of admin and password. (never had to). 

I used an app on my phone to extract this info. 

Screenshot_2020-02-11-17-50-34-467_cz.webprovider.whatismyipaddress.png

Woolf
34 minutes ago, Raven said:

Starting with 100.

hmmm   that is also a private network ip  can not be accessed from outside 

correct you saw 100.x.x.x ?

Edited by Woolf
Woolf

@cookie47

the ip you see that way is the IP presented to the to the outside world, I think that is NOT the wan ip of your router

to_dave007

Can't you log into your router?  I don't know PLDT but the Globe guys gave me the ability to log into (via browser) to my Globe DSL landline router..  When I do that I can see the WAN IP address and remaining lease time and more.  The WAN IP address (just checked) is 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.  First field is 10.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
Raven
25 minutes ago, Woolf said:

hmmm   that is also a private network ip  can not be accessed from outside 

correct you saw 100.x.x.x ?

Yes, correct...Public IP starts 49. - WAN starts 100. and Local IP starts 192.

Woolf
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Can't you log into your router?  I don't know PLDT but the Globe guys gave me the ability to log into (via browser) to my Globe DSL landline router..  When I do that I can see the WAN IP address and remaining lease time and more.  The WAN IP address (just checked) is 10.xxx.xxx.xxx.  First field is 10.

yes and that is a private ip

what I need to know is what is the wan ip assigned to the PLDT fiber modem

I do not have PLDT fiber, I have sky, the wan ip on my sky router is 10.x.x.x

Why do I ask,  need to know if possible to have a public server on the PLDDT fiber, so need a public wan ip

Raven
6 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Can't you log into your router?  I don't know PLDT but the Globe guys gave me the ability to log into (via browser) to my Globe DSL landline router..  When I do that I can see the WAN IP address and remaining lease time and more. 

Yes..."you don't know PLDT" - they sell you a modem/router with only 1 LAN Port open and only a password to limit settings...you have to request admin access to have full access..

Woolf
4 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yes, correct...Public IP starts 49. - WAN starts 100. and Local IP starts 192.

Grrrr   looks like having a public server is not possible, without getting PLDT FibrBiz plan

and I am pretty sure  they will not give me that

https://pldtenterprise.com/small-business/fibrbiz-plan

cookie47
Correct, I cant log into modem/router.

This is the first time I've even tried with PLDT but I AM familiar with the process from previously doing this in Australia.

I CAN get to the log in page no problem but even after looking at the multitude of combinations and offerings on the net regarding PLDT which are commonly,,, admin,,, 1234, or 1234567890, still no go.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

to_dave007
1 minute ago, cookie47 said:

Correct, I cant log into modem/router.

This is the first time I've even tried with PLDT but I AM familiar with the process from previously doing this in Australia.

I CAN get to the log in page no problem but even after looking at the multitude of combinations and offerings on the net regarding PLDT which are commonly,,, admin,,, 1234, or 1234567890, still no go.

Maybe if you pay for a service call and look over the service tech's shoulder when he logs in.

cookie47
Maybe if you pay for a service call and look over the service tech's shoulder when he logs in.
Well this is not for me, I'M only trying to help Woolf,,,

My Nephew works for Globe (previously PLDT).as a dedicated fibre tech I will ask him.

Daddle

Yup. An IP that starts with 10 is not directly accessible outside of PLDT.

It is expensive for PLDT to allocate a routable IP just for you. They can and will charge a significant fee for it.

What service do you want to provide on the public net? There are workarounds for nearly everything as it is a common issue.

Woolf
11 minutes ago, Daddle said:

Yup. An IP that starts with 10 is not directly accessible outside of PLDT.

It is expensive for PLDT to allocate a routable IP just for you. They can and will charge a significant fee for it.

What service do you want to provide on the public net? There are workarounds for nearly everything as it is a common issue.

Well I do not know if it is expensive for PLDT, I am NOT asking for a static IP

with my provider in denmark I get a public dynamic ip, I pay extra for a static IP, but not that much

public dynamic IP can be solved with DDNS, no problem

what I want is, to have a VPN server on my local net here in PH, so that I can access my ph local net from denmark when I am there 

or really access it from anywhere