cookie47

After being told on many occasions we  we could NOT get IDD on our landline (4 request calls to Manila) as we don't have a TIN number (and were pensioners),, :huh:"however my Mrs was paying the account and happened to mention it "again". The counter staff said that's wrong ill fix it. 3 DAYS later  IDD. 

Two days ago... 

An email out of the blue came as quite a surprise. 

I'm often sorry to hear the slow and difficult issues some members have with their Internet connection particularly those a little remote. (were in Cebu) 

So the email stated that we were to receive starting immediately a free speed upgrade to 30 mbps (up from 20) at NO charge, and, for the month of February only, a further increase to 50mbps (the top plan. Now i don't know what prompted this. 

And not I'm not gloating, it was a nice surprise. 

MickyG

I just wish thy would give one port from their modem for LAN

Woolf

I wish I could have a public IP, dont have to be static and of cause  a working LAN port

Paddy

Re LAN ports, is it not possible to hookup a 3rd party modem/router instead? You would probably need admin access to the Globe router to get the necessary “handful” of configuration values...

lamoe
10 hours ago, Paddy said:

Re LAN ports, is it not possible to hookup a 3rd party modem/router instead? You would probably need admin access to the Globe router to get the necessary “handful” of configuration values...

Not sure if this is what is being refered to

Used old Globe at home router - single port - to extend PLDT fiber WiFi range

Edited by lamoe
MickyG

I do not have a globe modem

I would not be sure if I unplugged my PLDT modem and plug another company modem in that  would work as you cannot buy modems in the Philippines any more.....pldt put a stop to that!  even if you tried to use the existing pldt modem that does nit work now as nine of their ports are functioning it is 100% wifi

lamoe
27 minutes ago, MickyG said:

I do not have a globe modem

I would not be sure if I unplugged my PLDT modem and plug another company modem in that  would work as you cannot buy modems in the Philippines any more.....pldt put a stop to that!  even if you tried to use the existing pldt modem that does nit work now as nine of their ports are functioning it is 100% wifi

Misunderstanding on my part

Had Globe at Home - switched to PLDT Fiber  - my router now has 4 LAN, 2 phone, 2 USB ports - kept old router - bought grade 8 LAN cable to extend range into another area

You can buy wireless  WIFi extenders at Lazada also grade 8 LAN indoor / outdoor cable

https://www.waveform.com/pages/wifi-booster-repeater-extender-differences

Edited by lamoe
Paddy
26 minutes ago, MickyG said:

cannot buy modems in the Philippines any more.

Really? Lazada appear to be selling Linksys and D-Link models currently. I haven’t checked for other brands. 

Woolf
53 minutes ago, MickyG said:

you cannot buy modems in the Philippines any more.....pldt put a stop to that! 

Where did you get that info/idea from ???