SkyMan

Travel ban now includes Taiwan (Eva Air anyone?)

SkyMan

image.thumb.png.2a0137ba6e1e32af432a9011e5d21faf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

liquido

Always wanted to try EVA but its schedule and cost does not work for me.Now looking to book my quarterly trip back to the USA in April..Been flying Korean Air the last 4 years..Hearing about some virus spread to N.Korea so its probably a matter of when or is it in S.Korea also.Of course coming back could be the problem on the airlines and then if that visa requirement for USA citizens goes through... .What a frickin mess for the airlines and travelers..

• Like 1

seanm

Crazy, can't fly in through China or Taiwan. 

I do understand why Duterte is doing this.

I gotta think those tourism dollars are going to take a HUGE hit from this.

Daddle

I have been flying only PAL between MNL and SFO for a couple of years. The travel bans will favor their non-stops. Lately they have been pretty empty...good for stretching out....but maybe that figures into Duterte’s plan?

baby43

My wife and myself for the first time flew eva air on the 21st december To Cebu lay over at Taipai 4 hours not so bad, we flew back January 5th lay over 10 hours what a pain in the ass, the trouble flying from Brisbane big lay over any airline you use , I got worried got really bad sinus after being back for 2 weeks my doctor checked me out i dont have that awful virus , thanks god, the trip from Cebu to Taipai no hot food only a plain bread roll nothing else to eat, when we arrived at Taipai got handed a book with a bread roll with ham and cheese on a bit of cake ans a voucher for $20 but could notget anything with it dying for a coffee and  something else to eat, to be honset wont fly with them again.

onemoretry

Fastest transfer for me always been with Thai airways.... I do see that thai have a big numbers on countries outside of china that got sick... My guess Thai is next to be banned

Woolf

looks like Cathay Pacific is flying Hong Kong - Cebu return daily, below is Hong Kong - Cebu  yesterday

image.png.6d4c55504a6c422f3119b82d43ff6451.png

info found here https://www.flightradar24.com/airport/ceb/arrivals

savarity

Can you fly out to Taiwan though?

SkyMan
6 hours ago, onemoretry said:

Fastest transfer for me always been with Thai airways.... I do see that thai have a big numbers on countries outside of china that got sick... My guess Thai is next to be banned

Possibly but I think Taiwan got added because the original ban was for "China" and DU30 got a call from his handler asking why China didn't include Taiwan.  I'm surprised it doesn't include the Spratleys.  

34 minutes ago, savarity said:

Can you fly out to Taiwan though?

Foreigners yes, pinoy no. Lots of pinoy left at the airport yesterday.

Banacon

Eva air still allows booking on their website for outgoing flights from cebu city to seattle. I checked the one way for the 17th..it was not stopped from booking, but my real tickets are for June. Would have thought the request for the 17th would have had a popup, but none..

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Banacon said:

Eva air still allows booking on their website for outgoing flights from cebu city to seattle. I checked the one way for the 17th..it was not stopped from booking, but my real tickets are for June. Would have thought the request for the 17th would have had a popup, but none..

Foreigners can go wherever they want.  However, you won't be able to return through Taiwan if the ban is still on unless you have a 13A (or other 13 visa).  However, it may be that flights to/from Taiwan and the other countries will be reduced or canx altogether.

fivestarph
34 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Foreigners can go wherever they want.  However, you won't be able to return through Taiwan if the ban is still on unless you have a 13A (or other 13 visa).  However, it may be that flights to/from Taiwan and the other countries will be reduced or canx altogether.

Someone informed me that 13A Visa holders will be treated the same as Filipinos for the outbound travel restrictions.

Has any 13A holder travelled to/via "China" since the restrictions were announced?

SkyMan
2 hours ago, fivestarph said:

Someone informed me that 13A Visa holders will be treated the same as Filipinos for the outbound travel restrictions.

Has any 13A holder travelled to/via "China" since the restrictions were announced?

Line 3 only of the above order only lists Filipinos regarding outbound travel.  Of course, other orders may be out and the interpretation of the staff may be different.  

fivestarph
19 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Line 3 only of the above order only lists Filipinos regarding outbound travel.  Of course, other orders may be out and the interpretation of the staff may be different.  

That's why I was asking whether any 13As have exited.

I was told the exemption for foreigners was in reference to tourists, business people etc.  Allowing a foreign 13A to enter and exit "at will" gave them an unfair advantage over Filipino citizens.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, fivestarph said:

Allowing a foreign 13A to enter and exit "at will" gave them an unfair advantage over Filipino citizens.

They are still subject to the 14 day quarantine on arrival so no advantage there.  Lines 1,2 are regarding arrivals and specifically for Filipinos and residents.  Line 3 is about departures and only specifies Filipinos.  Also, on the fb group I got the above order from, it was posted by an irate member who had departed on Eva Air but had to leave his wife behind.  I don't know for certain but I believe he had a 13A.  He mentioned that on his return he will self quarantine in Vietnam for 2 weeks to avoid the quarantine here.