Hong Kong int airport lounges

fredthehead

Hi,

Im travelling from Cebu to HK then onto Heathrow,I have an 8 hour layover in HK and Im departing from terminal 1,can anyone recommend a lounge where I hang out for 8 hours and pay at the door?

Thanks guys.

• Like 1
SkyMan

PS, I think you've been here over a year, do you have your ECC?

fredthehead

Im flying Cathay Pacific

• 3 weeks later...
Thalcoozyo

I paid the price for one of the private lounges in the HK airport a few years ago, so my info may be dated.  I had almost a 12 hour layover in the middle of the night. Arriving at about 10pm local time, the only food I found was snacks/chips. There were plenty of easy chairs to sit it, but nothing reclined. Most overnighters like me just laid on the floor. I did cough up the few extra dollars for shower access... and that was what I appreciated most (shower & shave in the morn). I did not cough up the extra fee for "private room" access (bed?).  Bottom line, I'd not do it again.  One can lay on the floor anywhere. One can get food anywhere.  The lounge and shower were not really worth the total amount paid. 

• Like 3
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

It's too bad most of the airlines lounges tend to close overnight, usually for a few hours between the last flight in and first flight out the next morning. If there are any that stay open 24hrs, that might be worth looking into...