Sign in to follow this  
JohnSurrey

13 a Visa - Requirement for Existing Visa...

JohnSurrey

I am thinking I'll apply for a 13A visa... I've been here a number of years on a tourist visa. 

The last time I was going to do this I'd left it too late - as I remember it they said I needed to have more than 3 months left on my tourist visa to be able to apply.

Can someone confirm that or tell me what the exact rule is ?

Thank

Jawny

Can’t answer, but have a suggestion where to get an answer from the BI.  They have a Facebook page and do respond to queries.  If the first response does not seem clear, persist and they will give you a POC for clarification.  I have used this process for unrelated queries.  As well, I think other LinC members have contacted them this way.  

The Tacloban office is also helpful on the phone, but I haven’t called them in a long while.  

The three months statement may have had to do with the practicability of getting the process completed while on a tourist visa.  I think from posts in LinC it is not uncommon for the price to go on for months while the paperwork is processed and such. 

• Like 1

MickyG

my brit friend here did his in under 21 days back when that was the visa time and this was near 12 years ago. I would like to think things would be smoother now and with 30 days plenty built in unless there are issues with the application ... we are a nation of form and substance 

• Like 1