wondersailor

Not a bottle of San Miguel beer for sale in any supermarket in the Davao area since before Christmas. Is that the case in other parts of the Philippines ? Very strange. I am not much of a drinker, a bottle every couple of weeks. I have just found this odd. 

• Like 1

to_dave007

None to be found in my usual store in Tuburan for 2 weeks now..  But here they said it was because of Sinulog demand.  My Swiss friend still has stock of Grande in Tabuelan.  Want some?

• Like 1

BossHog

Near impossible to buy San Mig products on Siargao right now. Even my favorite Gold Eagle. Warehouses are holding thousands upon thousands of empty cases.

One or two shops were price-gouging the last of their stock but that's now run dry too.

Asia Brewery has taken up the slack but their products aren't that popular. Plus, although they used to be a budget alternative to San Miguel, their products now cost more wholesale. Brew Kettle (their pseudo weissbier) is okay and the locally brewed Heineken is passable but dear at 1150 a case. But the glass bottles are 'disposable' which just doesn't fit in with our current environmentally-friendly times.

Nobody wants to drink their Beer na Beer Strong or their range of Tiger beers. The Crystal Light is particularly unpalatable.

24-tiger-crystal_jpg.jpg.7f775aefc3c1d1c56d12ecb4da6e4a6b.jpg

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3

battleborn

I drink a few at a restaurant here in Talisay, 3 for 120p, a couple times.  Have noticed stock at the local Fooda grocery store here but prefer to buy the grande at my local sari-sari store.

liquido

Here in bantayan Island visiting buds.. I see San mig light bottles in all the places?