Approximate Cost of Wall - 30 meters ?

JohnSurrey

Can anyone give me the approximate cost of a wall:

11 posts (12mm steel) - 2.4m high above the road level

10 panels of 4" hollow block between the posts (10mm steel) - 2m high above the road level

Panels finished on both sides witth 1 inch of render

Guess they will go down 1m below the road level

I was hoping it could be done for about 100k :D

RogerDuMond

I can give you some current materials prices.

Hollow Blocks - 12 pesos each

Cement - 205 pesos per bag

Washed sand - 2800 pesos per 3 CM

Crushed stone 2800 pesos per 3 CM

12 mm rebar 220 pesos per piece

10 mm rebar 139 pesos per piece

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
to_dave007
28 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Washed sand - 2800 pesos per 3 CM

Crushed stone 2800 pesos per 3 CM

Roger how current are those sand and gravel prices?  seeing higher here in past 2 weeks.  They are telling us here that these specific prices went up after Gwen's intervention,.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
to_dave007
2 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

Can anyone give me the approximate cost of a wall:

11 posts (12mm steel) - 2.4m high above the road level

10 panels of 4" hollow block between the posts (10mm steel) - 2m high above the road level

Guess they will go down 1m below the road level

I was hoping it could be done for about 100k :D

Here in Tuburan you would need drawings and fence permit for fence above 2 meters.  from what you write it sounds as though yours will be 3.4 meters with the lower portion acting as retaining wall as well.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 2
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

Roger how current are those sand and gravel prices?  seeing higher here in past 2 weeks.  They are telling us here that these specific prices went up after Gwen's intervention,.

Prices are current as of today.

The places we normally get it have raised their prices, but we found a guy in Balamban who hasn't raised prices and has quality materials.

• Like 1
SkyMan
3 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

John's Profile lists him in Leyte so he should be able to find those prices or better for the aggregates anyway.  Much of the aggregates in Cebu come from Leyte.  As for the other items except for block, you can do better buying from Vic but I don't know if there is a Vic on Leyte.  If it were a larger project I would hang around a local HW store and see who supplies them.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2
JohnSurrey

image.thumb.png.c9b832f0b9acdccd51c5a9cbdf83f736.png

My guestimate... 

SkyMan

You'd probably have an easier time with your spreadsheet if you used unit pricing, then quantities needed for each portion.  That way you can easily change those based on what prices you actually get.  I'm not sure what your 1.27 factor is, wastage?  You have 1 cement, 3 sand.  Fine for render and mortar but no rock for the footers/columns?  

19 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

You mean 1/2" each side, right?  1" each side would be a lot and less than 1/2" is normal.  The main purposes of the render is to protect the rock from weathering and to make it look nice, not really structural.  Don't forget to render the top too.  You'll also need some plywood and cocos to form the columns.  If you have crew onsite you'll need to have a plywood/coco bunkhouse for them and somewhere to store your cement off the ground and out of the rain.

• Like 1
SkyMan

You'll need some method to bend the cabrilla (rebars) into rings (stirrups) if the crew you hire has their own table for this it will help, otherwise you need some heavy cocos and large lansung (nails).  You'll probably need some steel drums to store water and turned over can be used to stand on for the higher works.  Half a dozen cement baldi (cheap semi flexible buckets).  Several miles of lambre (tie wire).  I could give you a list of handy Cebuano construction words but I don't know what they speak where you are and you can usually get along with sign language.

• Like 2
JohnSurrey
1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

You'll need some method to bend the cabrilla (rebars) into rings (stirrups) if the crew you hire has their own table for this it will help, otherwise you need some heavy cocos and large lansung (nails).  You'll probably need some steel drums to store water and turned over can be used to stand on for the higher works.  Half a dozen cement baldi (cheap semi flexible buckets).  Several miles of lambre (tie wire).  I could give you a list of handy Cebuano construction words but I don't know what they speak where you are and you can usually get along with sign language.

Thanks - I forgot the Plaster/Render coat - so adjusted ... I haven't included all the other bits and pieces I'd need to buy if I was doing it myself - as I'm hoping I won't be!

The 1.27 is to convert the cu ft measure from wet to estimated dry volume - that's what the guy on YouTube used so ... seems to make sense.

Sand and Stones were the same price by Roger so I just treated them the same... 

Need to check the local prices here as often more expensive than major towns... end sheet:

image.thumb.png.ab076d90c7dc96c0e3f3bbb74b1fc4c3.png

SkyMan

Your wall/block footing needs to be more like 10" thick and that's really all of the wall that needs to be below ground but you can go down if you want. You don't show any column/post footings. I think the standard here is about 27"X27"X27" hole then poured 10" with a rebar grid.

• Like 1
SkyMan

You may find this helpful.  It was drawn by a prominent local engineer.  You can use 12mm column rebars with 4" block.

Wall.pdf

JohnSurrey
On 1/30/2020 at 6:13 PM, SkyMan said:

Your wall/block footing needs to be more like 10" thick and that's really all of the wall that needs to be below ground but you can go down if you want. You don't show any column/post footings. I think the standard here is about 27"X27"X27" hole then poured 10" with a rebar grid.

image.thumb.png.3b4a3d9d5d62ce4aff2c787a2e9d877d.png

Annoyingly this price is fast approaching the quote I received from my local "builder".. who likes to get the concrete on quick so I cannot see how little steel he's used :mellow:

JohnSurrey
3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

You may find this helpful.  It was drawn by a prominent local engineer.  You can use 12mm column rebars with 4" block.

Wall.pdf 19.29 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks - Yes - I've included too many stirrups on the post and footing rebar - but I don't think I'm too far away now - seems expensive - like nearly double what it would have cost me 5 years ago for the materials

SkyMan
19 minutes ago, JohnSurrey said:

Annoyingly this price is fast approaching the quote I received from my local "builder".. who likes to get the concrete on quick so I cannot see how little steel he's used :mellow:

That's why I wouldn't build anything without frequent if not constant supervision.  And unless you're in a hurry to build it, I'd build it myself and hire a couple workers.  If you do hire someone to do it and are there watching, you'll likely spend a lot of your time thinking, "I could do this, why am I paying someone else to do it?"  At minimum, I would start the project off myself.  Measure out the property line and mark the column footings 3m OC.  You probably want to put the outside edge of the wall a few inches inside the property line so you own the entire wall and your neighbor can't legally attach to it unless you allow it.  Then hire someone to dig he footings.  Give them a marked stick or something to check the length and width and another for the depth if different.  In some areas, a guy like that who digs holes is called a holesaler, hahahahaha  Just make sure he throws the removed soil or whatever inside your property and not in line with the wall.  He should have his own shovel and spud bar.  He can do that pretty much unsupervised.  

• Thanks 3