Painted wall trim made easy

lamoe

Painting the floor and ceiling wall trim can be a pain - using tape or marking

Got this from ACE at SM

10' x 12' room took less than 10 min for main application - another 5? to touch up  8 inside corners

20200129_113535[1].jpg

20200129_113540[1].jpg

20200129_113552[1].jpg

Edited by lamoe

I used one in Canada years ago with a decent result. However, there is an unspoken requirement that the edge the wheels run against is straight. 

Another way is to paint the trim pieces before installation and then do minor touch ups.

• Like 2
Headshot
25 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Another way is to paint the trim pieces before installation and then do minor touch ups.

That is actually a much better way to do things (especially here in the Philippines). If you paint the back sides  and ends of trim in addition to painting the fronts, and use a little bit of borax mixed into the paint (it doesn't take much), you will also provide some protection against termites.

2 hours ago, Paddy said:

I used one in Canada years ago with a decent result. However, there is an unspoken requirement that the edge the wheels run against is straight. 

2 hours ago, Headshot said:

That is actually a much better way to do things (especially here in the Philippines). If you paint the back sides  and ends of trim in addition to painting the fronts, and use a little bit of borax mixed into the paint (it doesn't take much), you will also provide some protection against termites.

I just re-read my post, no physical trim should've been "painting on the trim " rather than paining the trim

Was lucky - floor tiles were pretty level