Pellet Rifle

Kreole

smokey
4 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Threaten them with a case of canine trespass and they will realize that wasn't their dog after all.

A pellet gun won't likely kill a dog but if it does, provide funeral services. 

Sure.  Not watch how fast your at police station with 20 locals calling you the evil foreigner as to trespass it will be your trespassing in our country but hey will make a great thread 

• Haha 4
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamoe

• smokey

• hyaku

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get an electric fencing unit as used for cattle fencing, dangle the high voltage positive about 300mm (1 foot) off the ground with a battery clamp on it. Put a solid piece of meat in the clamp, p

Sure.  Not watch how fast your at police station with 20 locals calling you the evil foreigner as to trespass it will be your trespassing in our country but hey will make a great thread 

Threaten them with a case of canine trespass and they will realize that wasn't their dog after all. A pellet gun won't likely kill a dog but if it does, provide funeral services. 

Posted Images

smokey
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Threaten them with a case of canine trespass and they will realize that wasn't their dog after all.

We had 2 guards come to our house and said your only allowed 2 dogs and we are legally allowed to if nessasary shoot your dogs to comply with subdivision rules i did what any foreigner should do told my wife...   She said to the guards my dogs are like my baby if you want to.   shoot them all and after i bury them i will let you feel what i feel. Shoot at your own risk

Edited by smokey
  • Haha 2
streak03
5 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Well, pellet guns will certainly kill a dog..some of them shoot up to 1000 fps..you can buy those in Philippines..I don't know  the legalities but they are available..I have sort of been looking into them when I'm bored to shoot rats at night at the birdhouse.. lol if you're shooting dogs shoot them at night and shoot them away from your house..lol..you can always put some antifreeze in a bowl that solves the problem too.

Edited by streak03
RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, streak03 said:

Well, pellet guns will certainly kill a dog..some of them shoot up to 1000 fps..you can buy those in Philippines..I don't know  the legalities but they are available..

I do, they do not require a licence, are not regulated, and are legal for anyone including foreigners to possess and use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
hyaku

My Crosman 1.77 does 1200 fps. When I checked out the scope we set up cans 30 meters away. I thought I was missing. When my partner checked the can, every shot had gone clean through the other side without the can moving.

I have shot one feral dog. A large cobra a few weeks ago. But mostly I take shots at crows that come in to steal all the babies from nests in our garden. 

75588118_812326242520629_871994350974795776_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Kreole
18 hours ago, Headshot said:

Many modern air rifles have penetration equivalent to a .22LR, and many of them have scopes mounted for accuracy. They are quite capable of killing a dog.

I certainly would not want to kill or seriously wound a dog unless s/he actually ravaged my cats.  I just hope to give them a good sting to remember me by.  There is the one concern of lead poisoning from the pellet, however that could cause some harm.  If I was any good at throwing rocks, I would prefer that.  But a good pellet in the thigh should get the dogs attention.  Best I can hope for.

samatm

When we were kids My brother pepperd the neighbors yappy Chihuahua  dog.  Until the owner approached him and said son. "Please refrain from shooting "Zipper"  as the vet removed 8 BBs from his hide.". .....

I was denied purchasing an air rifle at Gaisano grand ... So I thought foreigners can't own even air guns... Not sure though.

Headshot
1 hour ago, samatm said:

When we were kids My brother pepperd the neighbors yappy Chihuahua  dog.  Until the owner approached him and said son. "Please refrain from shooting "Zipper"  as the vet removed 8 BBs from his hide.". .....

I was denied purchasing an air rifle at Gaisano grand ... So I thought foreigners can't own even air guns... Not sure though.

I was told by a gun shop in Cebu City that air rifles are included under the firearms law, and the law is a little vague as to whether or not air rifles are included.

(l) Firearm refers to any handheld or portable weapon, whether a small arm or light weapon, that expels or is designed to expel a bullet, shot, slug, missile or any projectile, which is discharged by means of expansive force of gases from burning gunpowder or other form of combustion or any similar instrument or implement. For purposes of this Act, the barrel, frame or receiver is considered a firearm.

Yes, it does mention gunpowder, but then it goes on to include other forms of combustion and any "similar" instruments. What does that mean? Who knows. I guess that's why there are so many lawyers in this country.

Look here for the complete law on firearms...

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2013/ra_10591_2013.html

• 9 months later...
lamoe

Stopped at Armscor near Fuentes Circle  this morning - cheapest break barrel is P8,000, scope is 3K - need to register - didn't ask how much.

hyaku
On 1/28/2020 at 6:21 PM, Kreole said:

I would like to buy a good quality pellet rifle for target practice and to use against dogs who wander on my property and chase my cats. Thankfully none have caught my felines family. Does anyone have experience with pellet rifles? Or know where to purchase one? Brands? Quality? The manager of my property had a pellet rifle but it did not last very long. It used a CO2 cartridge and seemed to have a good range of 30 meters for accurate shots. Are there any restrictions on ownership? Thanks ahead.

I have tried CO2 cartridge type a few times with new pistols being assured that they had fixed the leakage problem. I have not found this to be the case. You are far better of with a spring action. A good rifle's pellet is doing 1200 fps and will go clean through any tin can at 30 meters.

Edited by hyaku
  • Like 1
hyaku
On 1/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Headshot said:

I was told by a gun shop in Cebu City that air rifles are included under the firearms law, and the law is a little vague as to whether or not air rifles are included.

Yes, it does mention gunpowder, but then it goes on to include other forms of combustion and any "similar" instruments. What does that mean? Who knows. I guess that's why there are so many lawyers in this country.

Look here for the complete law on firearms...

https://www.lawphil.net/statutes/repacts/ra2013/ra_10591_2013.html

I guess it's another case by case situation. A PNP I was talking to in a gun shop assured me it was ok to own. What they are really after is firearms. No one is supposed to have a firearm but for sure all my neighbors do. One shopkeeper in town actually told me he would go back inside, get his gun and shoot me for parking outside his shop (recorded). I guess they should more concerned about the peoples volatility. 

smokey

Well to each his own i will say in my 17 years here i have learned after being introduced to the court system a few times..   there is a law to cover almost every possible thing that can happen but in the end as there is NO JURY  system it will always be as the judge decides to his way of thinking  and no one goes to court even found NOT GUILTY  without a cost so as they say here ITS UP TO YOU

• Like 1
lamoe
2 hours ago, hyaku said:

I have tried CO2 cartridge type a few times with new pistols being assured that they had fixed the leakage problem. I have not found this to be the case. You are far better of with a spring action. A good rifle's pellet is doing 1200 fps and will go clean through any tin can at 30 meters.

Went back today to check out what they had (yesterday was after shopping - fish to get home)

Open at 8 according to FB - got there at 8:25 open at 8:30 :rolleyes:

Wanted lest expensive barrel brake - P8,000 spring -  spring / piston P9,100 - scope P1,250 POS, next was P3,100 better but fixed focal length -next was P4,000

Gun show on the 12th (Thursday) at 9 am -  said show discounts - will see

Requirements - foreigner can't buy - didn't bother to tell me yesterday - just that need to be registered.:huh:

Pcs - 2 ea - 2" x 2" & 1" x 1" w/ name on pics (Robensons) and I.D. 2 w/ same address

Note: Can register for here but if want to take to Bohol need to register there also

Edited by lamoe
easy44

As others have said, pellet and bb guns are not legal for foreigners to own 

Basically, almost anything that shoots is considered a "firearm" and illegal for foreigners. Doubt any of us (excluding Filipinos) could get through the registering process, unless someone was pulling strings fraudulently.

• Like 1
hyaku
14 minutes ago, easy44 said:

As others have said, pellet and bb guns are not legal for foreigners to own 

Basically, almost anything that shoots is considered a "firearm" and illegal for foreigners. Doubt any of us (excluding Filipinos) could get through the registering process, unless someone was pulling strings fraudulently.

Erm, it's the Philippines? Everything is fraudulent including BI. First pistol we were offered was an Armscor Firestorm by the retired provincial chief of police.

"Everything" is illegal. You cant even badmouth a Filipino.

Doesn't make much difference to me. I taught my partner to shoot and she now has better eyes than me popping off lit candles on the perimeter fence.

I just pop off murders of crows from the bedroom window that attack the nests in the gardens. Personally I would try to find another way of dealing with stray dogs. Shoot somebodies dog here and you will be in a shitload of trouble. They even try to get money for loose chickens that get killed.

Edited by hyaku