Kobe Bryant Dead At 41

KID

Kobe Bryant killed in helicopter crash in Calabasas

Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in Calabasas Sunday morning, Yahoo Sports confirmed. TMZ first reported the news.

Bryant played his entire 20-year career for the Los Angeles Lakers and won five NBA championships. He was named Finals MVP twice and league MVP in 2008. Bryant was 41.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department responded to reports of a helicopter that crashed into a hillside and caught fire, NBC Los Angeles reported. The crash was called in at 9:47 a.m. local time, per the report, and flames that spread a quarter acre were put out by 10:30. The fire department reported no survivors.

The helicopter, a Sikorsky S-76, crashed under unknown circumstances with nine people on board, according to the Federal Aviation Administration. An investigation is ongoing.

Bryant and his wife, Vanessa, have four daughters: Gianna, Natalia, Bianca and Capri, who was born in June 2019.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports-kobe-bryant-killed-in-helicopter-crash-in-calabasas-194537553.html

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
Kabisay-an gid

Apparently one of Kobe's daughters, Gianna, was also killed in the crash.

Very sad, one of the all-time greats, and seemed like a pretty decent guy off the court.

10 hours ago, SkyMan said:

RIP for all on board.  Too young. :cry:

In related news, MSNBC reporter Alison Morrison got herself fired over this....

https://gossiponthis.com/2020/01/26/msnbc-n-word-kobe-bryant-death-video/?fbclid=IwAR04JrPxDWk1-6grMPFC7KvhiUBtlT2b3WFB4A2Rj1olGEusKFGrofPqYuk

I can't find any news source that states she was fired. There are petitions to that effect, however.

If you listen to the tape she was enunciating very strongly and the words came out "Los Angeles Nakers". It was a mistake, nothing more. 

• Thanks 1

Very sad,  20 US veterans a day commit suicide every day in the US and nothing, silence, crickets.  All the political wanna b's on the news proclaiming what a horrible day it was for America that a guy that plays games for a living is dead.   I had no idea who he was.

JohnSurrey
4 hours ago, enoonmai said:

I can't find any news source that states she was fired. There are petitions to that effect, however.

If you listen to the tape she was enunciating very strongly and the words came out "Los Angeles Nakers". It was a mistake, nothing more. 

I listened to it - def sounded like the jiggers word to me - dreadful mistake - not sure how you get from Lakers to that.

I'd (not surprisingly) never heard of him either until today - but then (again unsurprisingly) neither did I know 20 US Vets a day commit suicide - that's a horrendous figure - 7300 pa.

• Like 1
HeyMike

The news woman said she stuttered 2 words together. That she mistakenly started to say Knicks and then quickly tried to correct it to Lakers, but it came out as Knickers, or knakers. I don't think she said niggers as a Freudian slip. May better minds than mine prevail.

RIP Kobe and Gigi, and the other 7. 

• Like 1
SkyMan
5 hours ago, HeyMike said:

The news woman said she stuttered 2 words together. That she mistakenly started to say Knicks and then quickly tried to correct it to Lakers, but it came out as Knickers, or knakers. I don't think she said niggers as a Freudian slip. May better minds than mine prevail.

RIP Kobe and Gigi, and the other 7. 

I can believe Knickers, it's definitely not nakers.  Definitely a slip of the tongue and she'll probably get a pass and her ratings will probably go up from people wanting to see what she'll say next but imagine if it was a Fox News reporter.,,,

6 hours ago, JohnSurrey said:

I'd (not surprisingly) never heard of him either until today - but then (again unsurprisingly) neither did I know 20 US Vets a day commit suicide - that's a horrendous figure - 7300 pa.

Yes, it's sad.  Every time a Carrier goes on a cruise 20-30 sailors just walk off the deck.

SkyMan

Just an fyi, there's a video going around fb of a helicopter crash but that's some file footage.

• Thanks 1