Sign in to follow this  
Talisay Kid

Passport renewal

Talisay Kid

so, today I should be receiving my new passport. the Embassy guy said there wont be a stamp in it. my VISA is good until 25 Feb 2020, at which time my 3 years is up so I have to go out of the country. so, can I just wait until Feb and go to the airport and fly out? or should I go to immigration first? and how long do I have before I go to immigration? can I wait a couple weeks? the reason I would wait is because me and my wife are going to Korea, and her Korean VISA wont be ready until 17 Feb.

Woolf
13 minutes ago, Talisay Kid said:

so, today I should be receiving my new passport. the Embassy guy said there wont be a stamp in it. my VISA is good until 25 Feb 2020, at which time my 3 years is up so I have to go out of the country. so, can I just wait until Feb and go to the airport and fly out? or should I go to immigration first? and how long do I have before I go to immigration? can I wait a couple weeks? the reason I would wait is because me and my wife are going to Korea, and her Korean VISA wont be ready until 17 Feb.

You will need to go to immigration to get an ECC   

I would go about a week before feb 25

remember to bring your old passport

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

SkyMan

What Woolf said plus, I don't think you can do an ECC at the Mactan BI so go to JMall. I think ECCs are good for a month so you can go next week if you want.  If you return with your wife you can get a BB visa and don't need an onward ticket.  Bring a copy of your MC.

• Like 2

Woolf
16 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I don't think you can do an ECC at the Mactan BI so go to JMall

Mactan do NOT do ECC,, I asked when I was there about a month ago

yes, ECC is good for 1 month

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 1

East Saxon

Did I not read recently on here that 13A's can only get an ECC at the Airport?

Woolf
2 hours ago, Talisay Kid said:

my VISA is good until 25 Feb 2020, at which time my 3 years is up so I have to go out of the country

The OP must be here as a tourist since 3 year is up

43 minutes ago, East Saxon said:

Did I not read recently on here that 13A's can only get an ECC at the Airport?

Yes 13A visa holders must do the ECC a the port when leaving, con only be done there

Tourists CAN do ECC at the port when leaving, IF been in country less than 1 year and plane leave within 24 hours

BUT

I will recommend that ECC is done at an immigration office

Goetz1965

I got my new passport yesterday. 

The Immigration in Manila is the one to transfer your last entra data into your new passport so you can continue with the regular extensions!
If you dont want to go to manila for that go to RJ Immigration Services just across J Centre Mall and let them do it.

You give them old and new passport and pay 5000php - and 3-5 days later you get it back processed.
I directly let them get my next 2 month extension - that way I dont have to hassle with that.
Cost then 8640 for both - but I save the flight and taxi to manila!

IMG_2728.jpg

Headshot

You don't have to transfer any stamps into your new passport. All you need to do is take your old passport with you when you leave, and give them both passports at immigration in the airport. They will find your stamps in the old passport, and stamp your new passport with an exit stamp. Since the OP is on a tourist visa, he will need to get an ECC at the immigration office in J Centre Mall.

• Like 1

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Woolf said:

Mactan do NOT do ECC,, I asked when I was there about a month ago

As I said.

3 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

The Immigration in Manila is the one to transfer your last entra data into your new passport so you can continue with the regular extensions!

The OP has no need of extensions and from what he has stated couldn't get one anyway.

4 hours ago, Woolf said:

Tourists CAN do ECC at the port when leaving, IF been in country less than 1 year and plane leave within 24 hours

Kind of off topic but they also must have an SSRN either on their ACR-I card or some other document.  Although about everyone except maybe BBs have an SSRN the BI doesn't put them on everyone's ACR-I card for some reason.  So if no SSRN the ECC has to be done at the BI and in Cebu that means JMall.

Talisay Kid

thats right, I'm on a tourist visa, but now I'm married so when we get back from Korea I will get the BB visa. by the way what will happen if I lose my OLD passport before I leave and all I have is my new passport? no big deal, or what?

SkyMan
23 minutes ago, Talisay Kid said:

by the way what will happen if I lose my OLD passport before I leave and all I have is my new passport? no big deal, or what?

Probably best not to think about all the myriad possible bad hypotheticals.  Make every effort to not lose either of your passports and then if you do, ask.

• Like 1

Headshot
20 minutes ago, Talisay Kid said:

thats right, I'm on a tourist visa, but now I'm married so when we get back from Korea I will get the BB visa. by the way what will happen if I lose my OLD passport before I leave and all I have is my new passport? no big deal, or what?

Don't lose your old passport. If you do, it will put you into a world of hurt. Once you have stamps in your new passport, you can put the old passport into long-term storage (because you likely won't need it again), but don't lose it. You need to show the immigration officer the old passport when you are leaving, and you will need it when you go to J Centre Mall for your ECC. They will need to see the stamps in it.

• Like 1

nameg1111
17 hours ago, Talisay Kid said:

hi you didnot lose it for the past 3 years, Take care of it