Dave D

Real Estate Search Sites?

Dave D

So where do people search for real estate.   I am not buying just pursing and comparing to see what is possible and available.

From what I read and see there are some regional sites, but most sales are word of mouth or local advertised

https://www.lamudi.com.ph - is where I have been mostly looking.

My interest is both City and more Rural properties.

Thanks

Dave

• Like 1

Headshot

There is no MLS (multiple listing service) in the Philippines, so the real estate market is a lot more chaotic than in the US. You can go online, and enter some key words, such as a city, town or island and property, real estate, land or houses, and see what it brings up. Know though, that prices in the Philippines for properties that make it online tend to be on the pricey side. Some real estate brokers do have websites where they display the properties they have listed, but you should know that brokers do not share commissions here, so brokers and agents tend to want to only show the properties they have listed. A lot of properties are only advertised with a sign, and the only way you will find them is to drive past the property.

That should give you a place to start looking anyway.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

cookie47
50 minutes ago, Dave D said:

So where do people search for real estate.   I am not buying just pursing and comparing to see what is possible and available.

From what I read and see there are some regional sites, but most sales are word of mouth or local advertised

https://www.lamudi.com.ph - is where I have been mostly looking.

My interest is both City and more Rural properties.

Thanks

Dave

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.. Been around for years. 

http://www.islandsproperties.com

lynette

I am not a realtor here, but it will help me get a discount on the condo I am thinking of buying if I can get a buyer/s also.  I am here in my condo at Mactan Newtown and right now Megaworld  just launch their newest most high end condo (The Pearl).  It is not even on pre-selling yet mode.  

Mactan Newtown has 32 hectares on which they have school, hotels, condos, BPO and the upcoming mall with a beach.  So to any of you here thinking of buying a condo please let me know.  I can introduce you to my very trusted broker Olivia Apa-ap or at least mention my name to Mr. John Carl Mata (assistant sales manager).

image.png.27e9e60647ed96176c498bcdea1ea4f2.png

seanm

It is a rather difficult process. 

I read (or watched a video...) that a few years ago there were an area in Bohol was having quite a bit of success titling many pieces of land/lots. Other than that I have read about very few instances of titling success.  

I talked to a guy who has been waiting 2 years for his father's property to be subdivided between the kids (the paperwork is just sitting at the government office), the father passed away. He said, he might have to pay some more money (bribe..) to speed up the process.

One of the brothers has already sold off most of his portion of his land to various people for various sizes, but that brother needs his individual title before one could start the title process for all of those additional lots that have now been sold on his land. 

I truly wonder what the percentage of residents are "squatters" and don't own the land they are living on (I think this number is pretty high).  

I also wonder what percentage people live on Tax Dec land and why it can't just be titled. 

Cgu

Try

https://www.dotproperty.com.ph/properties-for-sale/cebu

it is one of the bigger sites, i think it is a meta sear g engine. Be aware that some are old ads, but it gives approx. what is around. 

I know only one proper real estate agent, which has an office and has the offers posted on the window of the shop (as you would see in western countries). City is quite expensive, some more prestigious villages like paradise will set you back around 80-100k per sqm (depending on the size of the lot). Maria Louisa around 30k, depending on location.

smokey

I look at the sites once in a while and get sticker shock one was a 2 bedroom condo 65 sq meters only 9.5 million peso dam thats about 150.000 per sq meter while houses are under 40.000 per sq meter