Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

PT Boats - Giant Killers part 1, 2, 3

lamoe

Part 2   1:05 mark "declivity"  audience was expected to know meaning :dance2:

• Thanks 1

to_dave007

Part 1..  1.58 .. using a sliderule.  I sill have mine. Use it until about 1973.

lamoe
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Part 1..  1.58 .. using a sliderule.  I sill have mine. Use it until about 1973.

Had the same thought  - notice the size of that thing?

Sliderule envy from the other engineers or compensation on his part?

Edited by lamoe

Paddy

Can’t watch the videos because our Globe at Home router appears to be currently locked out of any sensible network while Globe continue to recover from Tisoy and Ursula. (November - great 4G service, December - FA, January - a “bit” of 3G but now back to FA- sigh...)

Anyway back on topic - my fave PT boat movie “They Were Expendable” with the Duke and great pics of a jungle inlet supposedly in Cebu 😀

And back off topic a bit...last used my slide rule in May 1977 to check the result of a calculator in a Final paper. It was the first year the university permitted calculators in examinations. There was only one question where a calculator or slide rule actually needed to be used. If you used the calculator, you got the wrong answer! 😀 It was easy to see the right answer on the slide rule...