lamoe

CR that sent me to hospital

lamoe

Didn't install tiles or toilet - told installer drain pipe to be measured from bare concrete wall - he put from finished wall - toes touch wall when sitting :ROFLMAO:

I need one one of those louvered vent assemblies used in plastic CR doors - I bought an exhaust fan for their kitchen  - not going to use - had it put into CR  wired into light switch - waaaay too big - took out louvers - still not enough air flow - but definitely no smell :dance2:

150.jpg

151.jpg

Pump is 1 Hp - definitely enough pressure - had to turn down flow into bun blaster :lol:

152.jpg

155.jpg

• Confused 1

SkyMan
6 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Didn't install tiles or toilet - told installer drain pipe to be measured from bare concrete wall - he put from finished wall - toes touch wall when sitting :ROFLMAO:

I do all measurements.  Otherwise weird stuff happens.  

So why was a hospital involved?

Paddy

Looking at the second pic, now I understand the tendency here to put an ELECTRICAL appliance high in a WET zone. 

We’ve done 4 CRs over the years. All have heaters plumbed in. The first one has the heater in the shower. The next 3 outside (and a bit lower so a short- arse like me doesn’t have to stand on tippy toe to turn it on/off!)

3 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I do all measurements.  Otherwise weird stuff happens

Concur. Now, if I could only figure out how deep the tile “adhesive” is likely to be!!

• Haha 1

Paddy

@lamoe I have to assume you’re not the person most likely to service that pump? 😀

• Haha 1

SkyMan
11 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Concur. Now, if I could only figure out how deep the tile “adhesive” is likely to be!!

For certain things I let them measure but I double check.  When we were digging wall footings I would pound in scrap rebars into the corners where I wanted them to dig.  I'd also give them a couple pieces of coco 2X2 for the length and width to use as they went down.  And an old broom handle with a mark for the proper depth.  Even with all that the holes would get wider and wider as they went down.  Hahahaha  Great if you're digging an outhouse but means a lot more cement for a footing.

• Like 1

lamoe
23 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

I do all measurements.  Otherwise weird stuff happens.  

So why was a hospital involved?

Did 10 hours with very little rest / water and no ventilation - heat exhaustion / dehydration

Did a post on  my stay in hospital about P1,500

I wasn't there when he put the drain in - this is Bohol - only visit

Edited by lamoe

SkyMan
1 minute ago, lamoe said:

Did 10 hours with very little rest / water and no ventilation - heat exhaustion / dehydration

You got locked in a bathroom for 10 hours and couldn't find water?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Paddy
Just now, SkyMan said:

You got locked in a bathroom for 10 hours and couldn't find water?

I wasn’t going to say that!😁

Paddy

I will say though @lamoe, given many of the crs I’ve used here, this one would be a very pleasant change...

Compact, nicely laid out and finished. 

• Like 2

lamoe
15 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I will say though @lamoe, given many of the crs I’ve used here, this one would be a very pleasant change...

Compact, nicely laid out and finished. 

I laid out the plans (given what there was to work with) and told Tata - I paying for most of it so will be as we want it.

3" step-down to shower area, all floors slope to drain, quality fixtures (American Standard - couldn't afford Kholer) , bright light over sink for shaving, wall switch with 2 outlets and master for lights/fan, bun blaster has 2 M hose, also circuit breaker for pump is high up on wall outside

Can't see the 5" step-up to CR floor to allow toilet drain w/ slope - they  had it in far right corner  so shower toilet area were to be combined - NFW

Notice where TP fixture is mounted - Tata is short and would have had problems reaching back

Could tell when someone other than Tata or I used shower - they don't use curtain - floor wet up to sink - I hate that  - she laid down the law - no more unless curtain used

• Like 1