wondersailor

Electric pressure wash

wondersailor

Anyone use and are happy with a small pressure washer available in the Philippines? Looking to clean my scooter, do limited cement cleaning, ECT. Not heavy work by any means.

Woolf
Paddy

I have a small Black & Decker bought locally here in Masbate at Ace about 18 months ago. Can’t remember the price. 

The car - particulary the rubber floor mats I have, the scooter and the concrete. Very useful. 

Watch out for the mineral content etc of the water you use. Ours tends to rust some of the hose connectors. A quick brush with an old tooth brush restores easy snap in connectability. 

I normally get a young audience when I use it. The kids in the village hadn’t seen this sort of thing before (I think). Same with my milk carton sized 12V air pump 😄

Edited by Paddy
Extra
  • Like 1

lamoe

I use something like this this - live in condo - was P1,000 works very well for car

image.thumb.png.1b503bdd714a499cd7f220c4ef3daba1.png

• Like 2

wondersailor

My problem is letting it sink in that the higher the pressure of the washer is not always the best. 

Thanks all!

smokey

I have one dont use green think bosh paid 6 to much hassel to set up for me

Paddy
8 hours ago, wondersailor said:

My problem is letting it sink in that the higher the pressure of the washer is not always the best. 

Thanks all!

Most of these things allow the jet to vary from needle point to (quite a) wide fan. 
The fan is “least destructive”. 
My every day use is somewhere in the middle. 

Some surfaces will be roughened by a setting that will clean. The white plastic chairs, for example, may well lose their smoothness after a wash. 

Concrete walls painted by a non-professional painter should be treated with caution. It’s easy to take off poorly applied paint!

• Like 1

lamoe
3 hours ago, Paddy said:

Most of these things allow the jet to vary from needle point to (quite a) wide fan. 
The fan is “least destructive”. 
My every day use is somewhere in the middle. 

Some surfaces will be roughened by a setting that will clean. The white plastic chairs, for example, may well lose their smoothness after a wash. 

Concrete walls painted by a non-professional painter should be treated with caution. It’s easy to take off poorly applied paint!

Also soft wood between grain.

• Like 1

Paddy
38 minutes ago, lamoe said:

Also soft wood between grain.

I would think 3 or 4 times (let alone twice) before using on wood - unless follow up planing/sanding was going to happen. 

Also don’t accidentally point at skin!! Could ruin your whole day ...

Edited by Paddy
Additional
  • Like 1

lamoe
5 minutes ago, Paddy said:

I would think 3 or 4 times (let alone twice) before using on wood - unless follow up planing/sanding was going to happen. 

Also don’t accidentally point at skin!! Could ruin your whole day ...

I did on my desk - fan spray only  - even then at maybe 60 degree angle

wondersailor
1 minute ago, Paddy said:

Not using on wood just general cleaning of tile, some cement and scooter. Scooter has textured plastic that no hand washing can really clean. I have used a pressure washer on it before and works great but no longer have access.

Paddy
2 minutes ago, wondersailor said:

Not using on wood just general cleaning of tile, some cement and scooter. Scooter has textured plastic that no hand washing can really clean. I have used a pressure washer on it before and works great but no longer have access.

Most modern auto materials are ok with a pressure washer. Avoid the fine point setting though. 

On tile, watch out for taking the grout out!😀 (Yeah, I know they butt the tiles right up together here and use grout to “hide” the mistakes...)

• Like 1

SkyMan
4 hours ago, Paddy said:

Could probably blow off the render too.

• Haha 1

hyaku
7 minutes ago, Paddy said:

Most modern auto materials are ok with a pressure washer. Avoid the fine point setting though. 

On tile, watch out for taking the grout out!😀 (Yeah, I know they butt the tiles right up together here and use grout to “hide” the mistakes...)

Lol they don't even grout. Just a covering that gets trapped in between the tiles using a cut up foam slipper.