BossHog

Spanish national suspected of selling cocaine killed in Siargao

BossHog

GENERAL LUNA, Siargao Islands (MindaNews/08 January) – A  Spanish national suspected of selling cocaine was killed in a reported shootout in this surfing capital on Wednesday dawn.

Police identified the suspect as Diego Lafuente. He suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

Capt. Wise Vicente Panuelos, chief of police of General Luna Police Station together with the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency-Caraga and Regional Mobile Force Battalion-Caraga launched a buy-bust operation against Lafuente early Wednesday at his residence in Poblacion 3.

“Right after the exchange of money and cocaine, he noticed men approaching him and he drew his .45 caliber gun and start shooting us,” Panuelos told MindaNews in an interview.

He said they rushed the suspect to the Siargao Island District Hospital for treatment but he was pronounced dead on arrival by the attending physician.

Panuelos said their poseur buyer got 10 grams of suspected cocaine from the suspect.

He said Lafuente also operated La Santa, a party house and apparel shop, Mam-on, an apparel shop, and White House, an accommodation business, all located in General Luna.

He said they recovered another 15 grams of suspected cocaine from the suspect after the shootout.

He said the substances were submitted to the crime laboratory while the suspect’s body was brought to the funeral home in Dapa town.

Col. Adolph Almedra, Surigao del Norte police provincial director tagged Lafuente as the number 1 drug personality in the region.

“We are very grateful to the people of General Luna for the successful operation because of their vigilance,” Almedra said on Wednesday.

Sometime in February last year, around 40 blocks of cocaine were found beached in San Isidro town in Siargao Islands.

Earlier, cocaine worth half a billion pesos was also found off neighboring Dinagat Island. 

https://news.mb.com.ph/2020/01/09/spanish-national-dies-in-drug-buy-bust-shootout-in-siargao-island/

• Thanks 2

battleborn

Interesting to hear someone shot and killed over cocaine.  Usually its shabu.  Maybe the new drug of choice with the surf crowd.

smokey

I think maybe not all the blocks floating were turned in 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

SkyMan
8 hours ago, smokey said:

I think maybe not all the blocks floating were turned in 

:rolleyes:  @BossHog

BossHog
:rolleyes:  [mention=5791]BossHog[/mention]
I'm aware of the abundance of basically free cocaine here. There was a lot more than 40 kilos that washed up in our dinky little beach town.

I got nothing to do with it whatsoever and shun involvement. Some folks are making out though (or getting whacked; see above).

Sent from my Flare Tab using Tapatalk

• Like 2

SomeRandomGuy

There has always been a bit of a "drug" culture in Sarigao.

I remember sharing a plane ride with a lad just at the start of the present admins reign and he was getting a bit worried about undercover cops and what not. It is a surfer/bum type haven with tourists and the like.

Would not surprise me if their was a lot of hoarding of the washed up packages and stuff has gone a bit sideways.

Sairgao as you know BossHog has always been a bit wild west.  It is why i did not end up living there for more than a yea and I was up the north end in paradise. 

samatm

Now they are assassinating foreign nationals. Wonder if they will hit the Chinese drug lords?

Edited by samatm

liquido
23 minutes ago, samatm said:

Now they are assassinating foreign nationals. Wonder if they will hit the Chinese drug lords?

“Right after the exchange of money and cocaine, he noticed men approaching him and he drew his .45 caliber gun and start shooting us,” Panuelos told MindaNews in an interview.

Now if thats true I would not call that an assassination..

• Thanks 1

Paddy
1 hour ago, liquido said:

No, but it’s pretty poor shooting on his part...I don’t see any report of injured police...

Province-life
2 hours ago, liquido said:

That's the standard line every time they murder a drug dealer. 'Oh he shot at us from 5 yards but luckily none of us were hit, then we killed him'

davehud
On 1/12/2020 at 8:37 AM, SomeRandomGuy said:

There has always been a bit of a "drug" culture in Sarigao.

I remember sharing a plane ride with a lad just at the start of the present admins reign and he was getting a bit worried about undercover cops and what not. It is a surfer/bum type haven with tourists and the like.

Would not surprise me if their was a lot of hoarding of the washed up packages and stuff has gone a bit sideways.

Sairgao as you know BossHog has always been a bit wild west.  It is why i did not end up living there for more than a yea and I was up the north end in paradise. 

Yep. I did quite a bit of surfing here a few years ago. Plenty of drugs to be had. It was locals selling to visiting surfers and backpackers. Shabu and marijuana. I was told that the marijuana was grown on the island, don't know where the shabu came from. 

Edited by davehud
edit

streak03

The bad guys always " sense" that they are dealing with pnp,  pull a gun every time  and start shooting..the bulletproof pnp always returns fire and kills the bad guy with no good guys hit...amazing isnt it

Cgu
13 hours ago, davehud said:

was told that the marijuana was grown on the island, don't know where the shabu came from. 

Haven't you looked at it? Normally you would see "Made in China".

• Haha 1