Goetz1965

Apple Watch battery replacement in the Philippines?

Goetz1965

My AW4 is just about 1 year old, it is even still unter Apples warranty until January 21!

Since WatchOS6 the battery is draining fast and I rarly get 15h of work before its depleted.

Went to PowerMac Center and iStore here in Cebu and both told me that unfortunately there are small damages to the screen and thus the warranty is void.
And both told me that Apple doesn't offer the 79$ replacment when outside warranty in the Philippines. And therefore a replacment will cost 20.000php!

Unfortunately my favourite battery replacment shop soesn't offer a replacment too, so now I am asking you guys:

Is there any shop in Cebu-City where I get an Apple Watch battery replaced for around 5k?

Is there any shop in Manila where I get an Apple Watch battery replaced for around 5k?

I already look up replacment watches and if there is no shop replacing my battery available I will definitly NOT go for an Apple Watch again.
The Garmin Vivoactive has same functionality at under 18k, but comes with 2 years warranty that also covers the battery. And they have a service Center in Manila, so it's just a little waiting in case you need that.

Sibonga Simon

I would be going online and putting in a warranty claim online - before the expiration date.  Unless the damages to the screen are the cause of the dud battery - you are entitled to claim.

Edited by Sibonga Simon
added link to apple warranty claim

Jawny

It’s been my experience that Apple does NOT warranty batteries on their devices.  Exceptions include swollen batteries and the like. As to the iWatch, a 15 hour daily use in one charge is pretty common for a heavy user.  A claim can be made, but unlikely it will be considered applicable if the only problem is battery life (not failure). 

As to scratches, you’re at the mercy of the technicians who don’t want to buck the system that pays them.  Not uncommon for them to look for any sort of defect that may have contributed to a failure. There are screen covers available.

Also, it’s likely that even if they agreed to replace the battery at your cost, you’d have to wait on the battery from Singapore. The iMac repair shop is real fussy about the tings they will and won’t service.  I won’t go back to them for any repairs, ever.  

Sibonga Simon

From the Apple PH service site for watches.... https://support.apple.com/en-ph/watch/repair/service

Battery service

If your battery has a manufacturing defect and it's covered by the Apple Limited Warranty or consumer law, we'll service it at no additional cost. Our warranty doesn’t cover batteries that wear down from normal use. 

We might need to test your product to find the cause of your battery issue. If your Apple Watch isn't covered, we can service or replace it for a fee.

Goetz1965

I just had a longer call with Apple. Spoke to a watch technician in Australia and he told me that actually my watch battery is fine. He could see that from the diagnostic data that was recorded at PowerMac center. My battery is still at 70% capacity and that way a replacment is not what is needed.

So it can only be a WatchOS6 issue because before that update my watch still had an endurance of about 1,5 days, after I upgraded to WatchOS6 it has been down to 1 day first and now its around 15-18 hours usage only.

But I also notice after the checkup process in the Shop with unpairing/repairing the duration is back to the old velues, but this I will monitor during the next week and then check back with the technician. 
Then we decide if battery is still ok and nothing to be done or if he installs a special profile to get more diagnostic data from my watch.

Because I did unpair/repair my watch before 2-3 times and that had no effect. 
Maybe the diagnosis process did something magically? Lets see.

• Like 1

JoMads

PowerMac in ROBINSON’S Gallaria can do Iphone battery replacements. Check out their service center. 

8B95107D-F3CB-49B0-9D0A-9AAEEA07F36C.jpeg

JoMads

Gees. The quality of the screen capture is terrible. I’m sorry