Water Dispenser

SkyMan

I might be looking for a new water dispenser so I'm wondering if there is one anyone has seen that is cold/room temp only?  We really have no need of hot water.  Once in a while my wife makes tea or something but the microwave is fine for that.  Yes, I know you can turn the hot off as we've done that for years but I'd prefer not to pay for something we don't use.

Also, for those that may be interested, I saw this unit at CitiHW Lilo-an...

Resizer_15785360168142.jpg.f11f1dbffd94f96942847849cbed2158.jpg

Made by Boston Bay, does cold, room temp, and hot w/a child protector button.  Bottom loading bottle so it shouldn't have the glug, glug noise and no more lifting full bottles up to the top.  p8K is a little steep though.  

Woolf

Bought this one a couple of years back, very happy with it

ya got tired of lifting the bottle

bought it at echo appliance  here:   https://www.google.com/maps/@10.2941452,123.9006253,19.93z

Cant remember the cash price, but saved transport fee anyway

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/fujidenzo-fwd-1031-b-free-standing-water-dispenser-color-black-with-silver-trim-i146913026-s171832987.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:1032129542!52512091404!!!pla-293946777986!c!293946777986!171832987!119757790&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh6eG0ML15gIVRg4rCh3eRwpWEAQYASABEgIcQPD_BwE

uuups the one on lazada looks like bottle on top   hmm, mine has bottle at bottom

GBT62

I have had 2  -  both were chilled and hot water taps. Both had switches at the back so the heating and cooling features can be turned off if not needed.

I don't want hot either, just chilled or room temperature - so I leave the hot switched off. The cooling (eutectic) failed on the first one (American Home brand from Landers) so I bought a Chinese brand off Lazada (stocked in Phils though). Still working fine.

Both were countertop models (not free-standing) and about 2,000-3,000php from memory.

Goetz1965

Those manual ones you can buy in the kaking shop - lower groundfloor in 138mall, colonade street
Large ones are around 100php and fill a bottle really fast,

images.jpeg

Edited by Goetz1965
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
SkyMan

That might just be the ticket. 

lamoe
32 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

That might just be the ticket. 

Had one - push too hard and water will splash out of small glass :lol:

• Like 1
to_dave007

Bought one at Gaisano in Bogo for about 1000 peso..  cheapest one they had..  counter top version but with heater.  Never been plugged in as we don't need hot either.  I thought it would break..  but a year+ now and going strong.  But I gotta lift the bottle.  

SkyMan
38 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Bought one at Gaisano in Bogo for about 1000 peso..  cheapest one they had..  counter top version but with heater.  Never been plugged in as we don't need hot either.  I thought it would break..  but a year+ now and going strong.  But I gotta lift the bottle.  

Does it do cold?  I don't need/want hot.  Unfortunately we don't have much for counter space.

to_dave007
20 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Does it do cold?  I don't need/want hot.  Unfortunately we don't have much for counter space.

no..  just hot..  we just drink room temperature most of time... or use kettle to get hot. I should likely just cut the power cord off..  as we'll NEVER use the heater.  But I didn't like all the other dispensers when I bought this one..  most were floor standing units..  none of which I much liked..  and all above 5000 peso..  so I ended up buying the one we have as last resort to just to make sure we had one..  and damn..  it's been good,.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog

I had one that had both, but as others mentioned, didn't use the hot. I could switch it to no cold as well if you just wanted ambient temp water.

I liked that is also had a decent size storage cabinet built in to the bottom with a shelve. I think I only spent a couple thousand peso for it...

It's not really setting tilted like it looks in the photo. Just bad angle of the camera...

2013 236.jpg

SkyMan
11 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

Those manual ones you can buy in the kaking shop - lower groundfloor in 138mall, colonade street

images.jpeg

Ordered one from Lazada.  P170 or so. Saw one on Amazon for like $10

SkyMan
3 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I could switch it to no cold as well if you just wanted ambient temp water.

They all have that feature, just don't plug it in.

My thing is that I might want cold but will never want hot so I'd rather not pay for the hot works if I'm never going to turn it on. 

So for now I'm just going to go with the hand pump thing.

lamoe

For chilled water I use stopper bottles from Landers (buy 1 take 1)  - room temp is bottle stand

20200110_070956[1].jpg

20200110_070926[1].jpg

SkyMan
6 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

It's not really setting tilted like it looks in the photo. Just bad angle of the camera...

Sure, blame the camera...not the listing sailor that took the picture.

SkyMan
On 1/9/2020 at 4:57 PM, Goetz1965 said:

images.jpeg

Don't know how long it will last but this thing works great.  I'm going to get another one for the garage.  You just have to remember to stop pumping in time cause there's no way to shut it off.

Also, it's a 2 person/step process to fill ice trays but not really a big deal.

Edited by SkyMan