My brown/black brethren...how has your experience with the ladies been?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freekay Velez

• yee

• RogerDuMond

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The OP is from over a year ago and that poster has not logged in over a year.  I was going to post something longer about a very successfully-married couple who we know, but instead I'll just add this

I've never dated a Bangladeshi male online. So we'll just have to take your word for this. Hope you two are doing well. Bless your hearts.

I think that both desires are logical based on Philippine culture. I think that some Filipinas equate dark skin pigment with Negritos. Negritos are a dark skinned, smaller, lower class ethnic Fil

Posted Images

Soupeod
The OP is from over a year ago and that poster has not logged in over a year.  I was going to post something longer about a very successfully-married couple who we know, but instead I'll just add this observation from many years with my wife and her extended Filipino family.  In general, Filipino culture tends to be more class conscious, and historically less class-mobile although this has been changing.  Within that class-conscious mindset there is definitely a bias to perceive dark-skinned people as coming from a lower social class, and light-skinned people from a higher social class.   There is lots of reading out there as to why this is so, the most common themes are that higher class Filipinos could afford to stay out of the sun, whereas lower-class Filipinos working the fields or in outdoor labor could not, and also the introduction of Spanish blood across three centuries of colonization, and the resulting mixed-race "mestizos/mestizas" with lighter skin and often higher social class associated with these unions.
That said, if a Filipina is dating a foreigner then she is already dating outside of her culture, and it's not much of a further step to date outside of her race including dark-skinned foreigners.  I've observed that, while a dark-skinned man might have a bit more of hurdle to catching the interest of a Filipina, it is still far easier here for a dark-skinned man to date outside of his race than it is in the U.S.   For Filipinas who are open to dating a foreigner, your status as a foreigner gives you more positive points than your skin color gives negative ones.  All the more so if you are successful in your life, clean, respectful and with an approach that shows you to be a good potential partner.

Well said Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
to_dave007
7 hours ago, Freekay Velez said:

I think you're just trying to defend and rationalize bad behavior.

You don't know me..  and you don't have the experience yet to guess what's in my mind.  Better you don't try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Dafey
9 hours ago, Freekay Velez said:

I've also noticed that what I'm talking about is limited to Cebu / Duma only. Haven't seen that crap in Manila or even in AC

It happens everywhere because their thinking is controlled.

8 hours ago, Soupeod said:

Asian’s want to be whiter than they are. All the lotions and beauty products have a whitening chemical.

The entertainment industry in the Philippines promotes this. As Soup says all the cosmetics have 'whitening' in them. Even Miss Philippines is basically all white.

Here, in the Philippines, there is a skin whitening on every corner. In the US there is a tanning spa on every corner. It's a marketing campaign and a way to extract hard earned dollars out of unwitting consumers. They have made the public, Young girls, think that if you are white you'll be successful. And if you're white you'll attract Westerners...which is actually the opposite...Westerners are generally attracted to that Mocha colored smooth skin.

At the end of the day it's a matter of choice. If you are black and a Filipina doesn't want you because of your skin color, why would you want to be with her? Some will like you and some won't. I'd stick to the ones who like me!

Seriously, I hear there are some Filipinas that actually like Canadians too! Go figure!

• Like 5
Chris24
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

Seriously, I hear there are some Filipinas that actually like Canadians too! Go figure!

Maybe until they move to Canada.......

• Haha 2
A_Simple_Man
5 hours ago, Dafey said:

I hear there are some Filipinas that actually like Canadians too!

1 hour ago, Chris24 said:

Maybe until they move to Canada...

Maybe they still like Canadians when the move to Canada.  Or maybe they like different Canadians after they get there.  Or maybe its too cold for them and they move back to the Philippines (no amount of money can keep some girls in Canada)  I have seen all 3 types and there are likely more.

For me, Once you've tried brown there's no other game in town.

• Like 1
RogerDuMond
21 hours ago, Freekay Velez said:

It's quite weird, because I'm in my late 20s, in shape, can afford the top condos / lifestyle in Cebu. But they'd rather opt for a white guy at least 20-30 years older than me as long as he's white. It's hilarious.

I personally think that it has more to do with your age than your skin color.

• Like 2
Jester

Being very light skinned,  I seem to be a hot commodity in the PI's.   I am happy to be white but this white is ridiculous, never go to the beach during the day.

Long time ago a dark skinned person posted and wanted to know if he would be acceptable to PI women.   He was assured multiple times if his money was green then he would be very popular with the ladys.  Which is odd as most pesos are not green?   

yee
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 3:50 PM, Freekay Velez said:

It's quite weird, because I'm in my late 20s, in shape, can afford the top condos / lifestyle in Cebu. But they'd rather opt for a white guy at least 20-30 years older than me as long as he's white. It's hilarious.

There are women who prefer black men. There are women who prefer white men. Scammers will prefer rich men. 

It may be racist but some (or most) people will judge people based on their past experience with the "same type of men."

A little perspective... There are foreigners who come to Cebu to study who seldom go broke and try leeching off a Filipina girlfriend. And that may cause some Filipina women (and friends) to try to avoid the "same type of men" and they will associate that with age group, skin color, built, etc. 

As for you, @Freekay Velez, 20's, in shape, can afford top condos... You will most probably fall under the "playboy" category which will leave a lot of women iffy about dating you. You'll need to find a fearless woman who will be willing to take on the risks to be with you. 

2 hours ago, Jester said:

if his money was green then he would be very popular with the ladys.  

if his money was green then he would be very popular with the scammers.  -- Made a little update, @Jester. HAHA. :)

Edited by yee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, yee said:

As for you, @Freekay Velez, 20's, in shape, can afford top condos... You will most probably fall under the "playboy" categor

Have you decided that he is a playboy and risky  coz he is in his 20's? Or coz he is fit? Or coz he has money??  

• Thanks 1
yee
1 minute ago, Davaoeno said:

Have you decided that he is a playboy and risky  coz he is in his 20's? Or coz he is fit? Or coz he has money??  

Oh! Sorry, uh -- maybe wrong choice of words... ?

"You may be mistaken for a playboy" --? Is that a better way to say it? People will think you're a playboy - not that I'm saying you are. @Freekay Velez

@Davaoeno - Men are mistaken to be the type if he is good-looking, has money OR young. The fact that he has all three -- Oh, nooooo!!!

Girls will probably first go crazy, then intimidated, then insecure. And it's probably not just Filipinas. 

It's a blessing and a curse.

Freekay Velez

I'm really loving this discussion so far. Lot of different ideas.

I think I do perfectly fine in Cebu but the type of girl likely to do what I'm describing is more of the socialite type with a youtube channel or broke yuppie working at IT Park. 

And yes they do think I'm a playboy sometimes haha even when I'm just trying to have a good night out. Also noticed locals don't question white guys / Koreans with Cebuana gfs or wives as much. Meanwhile every onlooker approached my ex(es) to ask where I was from, what I did for work, my background, while ignoring me in the process. And then running off. Funny stuff.

yee
2 hours ago, Freekay Velez said:

I think I do perfectly fine in Cebu but the type of girl likely to do what I'm describing is more of the socialite type with a youtube channel or broke yuppie working at IT Park.

You made me laugh with this one. Did you mean socialite or social climber?

High society people don't usually talk like that. LOL.

Freekay Velez
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, yee said:

You made me laugh with this one. Did you mean socialite or social climber?

High society people don't usually talk like that. LOL.

Yeah social climbers basically. I don't want to mention any names but if you observe the vlogger community in Cebu and Duma you will notice a lot. 

Edited by Freekay Velez
yee
14 minutes ago, Freekay Velez said:

Yeah social climbers basically. I don't want to mention any names but if you observe the vlogger community in Cebu and Duma you will notice a lot. 

You dodged the bullet not having to deal with those.