Sign in to follow this  
BossHog

Certificates & Clearances 2020

BossHog
Posted (edited)

First business day of the year today and I made the rounds of the municipal office, barangay office, and the police station. Now have an up-to-date...

1. Cedula (community tax certificate)

2. Residence Certificate (RC)

3. Barangay Clearance

4. Police Clearance.

The cedula is valid until the last day of the calendar year in which it was issued. Easy to remember and do it on January 2nd.The police clearance  is good for six months. 

Best to process things in the above order.

Only took an hour and a half (I live in a very small town) and less than 800 pesos for all four. Need an ACR card for the first three plus a passport for #4. The only one requiring a photo is the police clearance and they do the biometrics so no need to bring one.

You never know when you'll need any of these documents and I've found it handy in the past to keep them up to date. Obviously not necessary for a tourist but if you do a lot of paperwork, it saves time to get everything done at once.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

what's in the barangay clearance?

Wife did NBI clearance earlier today at Bogo City NBI office as part of work to put together document requirements for DepEd position...  Now valid for 1 year instead of 6 months.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Like 1

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

I don't know about his, but I need a barangay clearance for our business.

1075965518_barangaypermit.thumb.jpg.da7c1721845834ff2ed61800307bea96.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BossHog
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, to_dave007 said:

Wife did NBI clearance earlier today

Quite different than an NBI clearance where they take fingerprints and do a background check at a national level. Barangay clearance is easier to obtain; just give them an ID, your address, and state your purpose purpose of acquiring the document. Presumably the barangay captain who has to sign the paper knows who you are. The paperwork itself is drawn up by the barangay secretary.

brgy.c.thumb.jpg.b1afe7f135c2a5a051f1484407695a50.jpg

Unlike Roger's above, this was a personal clearance for me; my wife takes care of all our business paperwork in her name.

Edited by BossHog
  • Thanks 2

Salty Dog

My wife had to get some letter from the Barangay when we were living in the Cebu IT Park. I remember it was a bit crazy because Cebu IT Park was split into two different Barangay, both claiming some of the same areas. Something to do with which Barangay would receive the massive tax revenue from the IT Park businesses. We were told we were in the Apas Barangay even though our buildings address said Lahug. We went to the Apas Barangay and it was a total pain in the ass and required about half a dozen documents, some we didn't have and couldn't get right away. We went to the Lahug Barangay and it was about as easy as any government interaction we ever had in the Philippines. We paid P200 for the Cedula and the young Filipino helping us said to come back in a few hours to pick up the signed letter she needed. When we came back, it took less than a minute to pick up the letter.

to_dave007
Posted (edited)

Yesterday.. to support the DepEd position..  wife also needed to get a Medical Certificate.  We were under a tight deadline as this needs to be submitted in Cebu City at DepEd offices today..  3rd January  and we were in Dumaguete when we were told we needed to submit on 3rd.   This was reason we came back a day earlier on 1st instead of planned return on 2nd.

To get the medical certificate wife needed to have a standard series of blood and urine tests and chest X-Ray done..  which we were able to get done in Dumaguete on 30th.  Then yesterday it was a 30 minute visit to medical clinic in Bogo. Mainly they are screening for TB..  and any major illness that will throw off the CBC and urine test results.  I THINK the Medical Certificate is valid for 6 months only.  Pretty standard requirement for students entering university, or teachers going into the schools.

To get the NBI clearance I mention above (@BossHog is right..  it's different from Police Clearance) wife logged into her (already created more than year ago) NBI online account while we were in Dumaguete..  and made appointment for yesterday..  then went to LBC to pay the fee..  so by the time we got to the NBI office it was pretty fast. No need for fingerprint to be taken yesterday as they were done when she opened the account..  so they are maintained on file.  Again.. standard employment document.

We always maintain a STOCK of 2 or 3 copies of birth certificates and marriage certificate.  Needed so many times.

For sure this whole process gets easier as we do it again and again.  Bit annoying..  but predictable now.

Edited by to_dave007