Sign in to follow this  
Dafey

Non-military medical in Guam

Dafey

Can I use my Medicare in Guam for non-military health concerns? i.e. annual checkups, colonoscopy, eye exams etc.

Salty Dog
5 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Can I use my Medicare in Guam for non-military health concerns? i.e. annual checkups, colonoscopy, eye exams etc.

As long as you're paying part B. Well regular eye exams aren't covered. But considering cost of flights and hotels, plus deductible and copay. I doubt it would be worthwhile financially speaking… 

Dafey

So is there a good medical clinic? again, non-military.

I'm BB and need to leave the country once a year anyway

liquido
8 hours ago, Salty Dog said:

As long as you're paying part B. Well regular eye exams aren't covered. But considering cost of flights and hotels, plus deductible and copay. I doubt it would be worthwhile financially speaking… 

Good to know if your on medicare..Sounds like the closest place to go instead of going all the way to the USA plus flight time saving if time is the essence..

• Like 1

Jawny

Many of the larger hospitals here offer an "executive checkup" for a reasonable cost.  Typically there include blood exams, EKG, X-ray etc.  Some include a colonoscopy.  It’s like choosing from a menu of choices.  An eye exam should cost less then ₽1000. Of course, Medicare is not going to cover these here, Guam does have a variety of non- military choices for medical care. Of course, there may be some issues getting appointments and the like. 

• Like 1

Dafey
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

there may be some issues getting appointments and the like. 

That's why it would be nice to find a doctor now and plan a trip to set up appointments.

• Like 1