Larry (Shadow) Dead at 59

Ozepete

Very sad news. Rest In Peace dear LinC friend. Never met Larry but felt I new him for years, he was a great member. Condolences to Rony  and his family.

• Like 3
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• enoonmai

• Salty Dog

• sunnybanana1913

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received notice from Larry's wife Rony, that Larry died of a heart attack last night.  

I took the whole family (wife, kids, MIL, niece.. 7 in total) to Dumaguete on December 27th just past.  Everyone else was going to visit with wife's sister..  and I was going to visit with Larry, whom

I received the following message from Rony and she asked that I post it: Please extend my thank you to all the members of LINC. Thank you for your friendship, respect, and support for Larry.

RIP Shadow, Always enjoyed his posts. Seemed like he had adapted well to life in the Philippines 

• Like 2
the.lone.gunman

RIP Pointman. Condolences to the family.

• Like 3
Irenicus

Ugh, truly horrible news.

Larry and Rony let me send my balikbayan boxes to them when I moved here six years ago.  He also gave me a tour of the city in his multicab.  And yeah, the high blood issues were unlike anything I had ever seen before.

Rest in peace, Larry.

• Like 4

RIP Larry ..
Had the pleasure of few beers meetup at MBs .. Outsiders .. a few years back .
Condolences to Rony and family.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

• Like 3

He replied to my first post on this forum about a visa question. Good guy. He just posted 4 days ago about his heart issues and was surprised he made it to Christmas Day. RIP. 

• Like 2
Headshot

Our hearts go out to Rony. Larry didn't take good care of his health (always minimizing his problems). and Rony worried about him a lot (even back when we first met them). Rony and Larry helped us to get through my wife's spousal visa application process after the US Embassy in Manila turned her down for a tourist visa to go and meet my mother before she died. The process for the spousal visa took too long, and my mother died before my wife could meet her, but we went for a visit anyway to see my dad and my siblings. We always appreciated all of the help Larry and Rony gave us in getting organized and ready for the interview. Having the insights he and Rony had into the application and review processes helped a lot. I always saw Larry as a friend for that. He will be missed. I hope that Rony will be OK. Maybe she could apply for a widow's visa and go to the US for new opportunities. She deserves the very best for the way she tried to take care of Larry while he was here.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
smokey

I dont do pay pal but would like to send his wife 5000 peso.  Western union??? Name how to contact her? To give number

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
smokey

Maybe some one who personally know him and wife could pass on sure there will be expensive s

SkyMan

So sorry to hear this.  I knew from some of his posts he wasn't doing well and the time was coming but that doesn't lessen the loss.  I never met him but wish I had.  I referred a few friends to his services over the years and he helped many with visas and other pertinent advice.  Condolences to Rony and family.  I know this is tough even when you see it coming.

• Like 5
colemanlee

Extremely saddened by the news, never met Larry but corresponded with him sometimes on messenger....we always said we wanted to meet in person but something always got in the way....guess you really should not put things off...

• Like 5

Like everyone, very sad to hear this. I never met him in person but he helped me complete my wife's spousal visa after I had screwed it up and walked me through every step of the way. He was invaluable. Also helped my best friend get his fiance and son to the US. He said it was the hardest case they ever worked on.

My payment to him was almost 4 years ago, at the time he said they took everything EXCEPT Western Union. I have their address and Rony's email address that they used for Paypal but don't know if it's changed. I'm sure someone has more current info. If so, please post it. RIP Larry. 

• Like 1