Senior Citizen discount on Philippine Airlines

• Administrator
Dafey

Way to spoil a perfectly ridiculous thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

So sorry, I mistakenly thought that LinC was a site that gave useful information regarding living in Cebu, I apologise for asking a ridiculous question, it won't happen again, I just feck off as that seems to be what you are suggesting.

• Administrator
Dafey

Get a life dude...you don't understand sarcasm? Even after I liked your post? Here...let me spell it out for you...:sarcasm:

• Haha 1
cookie47
20 hours ago, Jawny said:

Also, it was explained to me that the retail establishments were required to maintain records, hence seniors often had to have the ID and sign a document, usually some sort of roster.

Correct. 

When my wife shops at SM FOOD,, and then presents her seniors card the Supermarket  sales assistant fills out a notebook with various columns and my wife then signs it. I haven't a clue what it sets out but i know the discount on food is different/lower from a retail sale.. 

When we very occasionally eat at a restaurant and we ask for the bill,, my wife hands back the folder containing the bill with her Seniors card enclosed... (no money yet).. 

The discount is then recalculated at the till by the waiter/waitress on MY WIFE'S order component ONLY. NOT mine.. (although I'm well into my senior years). The new  recalculated bill is then presented back to the the table for payment. The discount amount she has claimed is then left as a tip. for the staff,, if not more..(that's my rule)...  Although not an expert myself,, I hope this clarifies the usage of a seniors card the way i see my wife use it.. 

• Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, rizla said:

So sorry, I mistakenly thought that LinC was a site that gave useful information regarding living in Cebu, I apologise for asking a ridiculous question, it won't happen again, I just feck off as that seems to be what you are suggesting.

1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Get a life dude...you don't understand sarcasm? Even after I liked your post? Here...let me spell it out for you...:sarcasm:

My apologies if I ruffled feathers with this. My original post, 

1 hour ago, Dafey said:

Way to spoil a perfectly ridiculous thread!

emoji12.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a sarcastic way of saying "thanks for clearing that up" I had hoped that the poster would understand, laugh and move on, especially since I liked his post!

Again, sorry for posting something beyond the scope of what was actually said.

• Thanks 2
2 hours ago, rizla said:

I contacted Philippine Airline who confirmed the discount is only applicable to a Filipino Citizen of the Philippines over the age of 60.  So the question has been answered, thank you for all comments. 

Thanks for closing the loop on this.  This post also reveals that sometimes the best source for info on discounts is the provider of the discount.  I recall a recent long thread about discounts offered and subsequently withdrawn by a restaurant.  The thread included correspondence from the restaurant explaining their change in discount policy. Helps to get the details cleared up.

Davaoeno
2 hours ago, rizla said:

I contacted Philippine Airline who confirmed the discount is only applicable to a Filipino Citizen of the Philippines over the age of 60.  So the question has been answered, thank you for all comments. 

I believe that you misunderstood what PAL  told you.  It is not " over the age of 60" . It is  very clearly 60 years and above.

rizla

For those that may be interested, I received a discount with Cebupacific without asking, 20% which was gratefully received.

1159799028_Screenshot2020-01-04at12_38_25.thumb.png.094a4de3a99e925659345ae9e8da8881.png

• Like 1
cookie47
For those that may be interested, I received a discount with Cebupacific without asking, 20% which was gratefully received.
spacer.png
Well,, thanks for that its good to know , Only last night my niece (who resides in Singapore) booked our BB trip from Cebu to Singapore (on our behalf cause she's a computer whizz )... traveling in February.

I jokingly ask, any Senior discount,, No there is no way to avail it. So i guess its only available with a "Manual" booking.??? Or only with Cebu Pacific..
This is with Scoot,....Anyway Never mind....

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

rizla

The flight actually worked out cheaper with Cebupacific than PAL even if PAL had given discount. from what I have found out any discount is primarily only available on domestic flights with both airlines, but Cebupacific obviously don't differentiate between local and foreign seniors.

Was good to know and means it cost me nothing to get 1A seat on the flight as that was less than the Discount given.

cookie47
2 minutes ago, rizla said:

domestic flights

Yes, Silly me,, 

I completely forgot that the discount was for PH domestic. Ill have a lay down.. 

• Haha 1
Headshot
6 hours ago, rizla said:

1159799028_Screenshot2020-01-04at12_38_25.thumb.png.094a4de3a99e925659345ae9e8da8881.png

Have you taken the flight yet?

rizla

On 1/4/2020 at 6:32 AM, Headshot said:

Have you taken the flight yet?

leave wednesday morning, i'll post here when arrived in Manila

• Like 1