PH bars entry of US Senators; warns of Visa requirements for Americans

fred42

1 hour ago, Jawny said:

Loud yelling and carrying on about restricting tourist entries is a lot like honking to show your anger.

Well, I hope you are correct.  However, the RP is driven by emotion, not rational thinking, as should be pretty obvious by now, so I am not holding my breath.  That is why I am considering a resident visa.

• Like 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• RogerDuMond

• Headshot

• wondersailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an American living in the Philippines I am sick to death of the morons in Washington getting into other countries' internal affairs. Of course they only pick the easy marks. I see nothing nothing b

Apparently it was written into the 2020 budget.  Since the president doesn't have line item veto power, the whole bill would have to be vetoed and modified (or not) by the house and senate and voted o

No visa on arrival. If they go through with it, tourists would need to have a visa before coming here.   No, it is retribution against these two senators for threatening to blackball certa

Posted Images

RogerDuMond
14 hours ago, Paddy said:

assuming you have pension income of US$1000/month or more

$1000 per month is for a couple, for a single person, it is $800.

16 hours ago, Kreole said:

Are there any other requirements that may be an obstacle to me getting a residency permit?  Thanks ahead.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, HongKongPhooey said:

The US doesn’t need the Philippines. The Philippines lost any leverage it had when they kicked the US forces out.

The Philippines is most certainly needed by the U.S. because of it's strategic location in relation to the South China Sea shipping lanes. Imagine the stranglehold that could be placed on the area if China took over the Philippines and Taiwan.

oil_trade_flows_map-US-EIA-2011.png.7ae2a4844d9b4f31670265cc964aeaa7.png

• Like 1
Headshot
1 hour ago, RogerDuMond said:

The Philippines is most certainly needed by the U.S. because of it's strategic location in relation to the South China Sea shipping lanes. Imagine the stranglehold that could be placed on the area if China took over the Philippines and Taiwan.

oil_trade_flows_map-US-EIA-2011.png.7ae2a4844d9b4f31670265cc964aeaa7.png

Really? And just how does the US think that the Philippines will influence the South China Sea? Strategic position or not, the Philippines barely has enough military to say that it has a military. They are certainly no match for China's military. The South China Sea is important to East Asia and Southeast Asia. It is important to Europe. It is important to South Asia. It isn't really that important to the US. Very little US trade flows through the South China Sea. The only reason that the US is interested at all is that we are still trying to be the world's policeman, making sure that all other countries don't take advantage of their neighbors. However, it won't be the US that is hurt if China closes down the South China Sea. If the world really cares about what happens there, then they need to figure out how to make China suffer bad enough that they back away from their claims to the area. That can only be done if the rest of the world unites against China, and that isn't likely.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

$1000 per month is for a couple, for a single person, it is $800.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

SALAMAT!  It the SSRV seems very easy to acquire and maintain, and it will remain my top option should the worst case scenario arise.  Can I apply for it here in Cebu while I am here?  BTW, the $1000 per month seems quite low even for one person.  Maybe if you do not drink, party or womanize, you can get by. 

Edited by Kreole
RogerDuMond
9 minutes ago, Kreole said:

SALAMAT!  It the SSRV seems very easy to acquire and maintain, and it will remain my top option should the worst case scenario arise.  Can I apply for it here in Cebu while I am here?

Probably not, because of the documents that you need from home, but ask them.

Philippine Retirement Authority - Cebu Regional Office

Club Ultima Tower 3, 306 Osmeña Blvd, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu

(032) 238 8001

1 minute ago, RogerDuMond said:

Probably not, because of the documents that you need from home, but ask them.

Philippine Retirement Authority - Cebu Regional Office

Club Ultima Tower 3, 306 Osmeña Blvd, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu

(032) 238 8001

Thanks again, Roger.  I am not sure what documents I would need from the US, since I do not have a residence there any longer.

RogerDuMond
3 minutes ago, Kreole said:

Thanks again, Roger.  I am not sure what documents I would need from the US, since I do not have a residence there any longer.

I would assume that you will need an FBI clearance and I don't know if you can get that from here.

5 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I would assume that you will need an FBI clearance and I don't know if you can get that from here.

I will do some research on the FBI requirement.  As far as a pension goes, I get less than $500 per month from SS.  However, I do have rental income that exceeds the pension requirement.  Will that count?

RogerDuMond
1 minute ago, Kreole said:

I will do some research on the FBI requirement.  As far as a pension goes, I get less than $500 per month from SS.  However, I do have rental income that exceeds the pension requirement.  Will that count?

No idea, your best bet is to go in and talk to them. I heard that they are very helpful.

• Administrator
Salty Dog
13 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

I think you can use a report from where you've spent your most recent time living, depending on how long you lived there. I know at least one person who had been living in the Philippines for years when he got his. He had made visits to the US though. I think he has a thread about it here on the forum. Just do a search for SSRV… 

SkyMan
On 12/30/2019 at 12:45 PM, Kreole said:

BTW, the $1000 per month seems quite low even for one person.  Maybe if you do not drink, party or womanize, you can get by. 

They don't care if you have enough to maintain a lavish lifestyle.  They just care that you can show you have enough to maintain a life without begging at Ayala.

• Like 1
Barryrio

I obtained my SRRV from the PRA in 2009, having resided here since 2005. I did everything from Cebu itself. The only thing I had to send to England for was a police clearance certificate. I obtained that through a colleague back home and had it sent out. As stated above - Elma Corbeta in the PRA office at Crown Regency is a real diamond and very helpful!

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
On 12/30/2019 at 12:26 PM, Headshot said:

Really? And just how does the US think that the Philippines will influence the South China Sea? Strategic position or not, the Philippines barely has enough military to say that it has a military. They are certainly no match for China's military. The South China Sea is important to East Asia and Southeast Asia. It is important to Europe. It is important to South Asia. It isn't really that important to the US. Very little US trade flows through the South China Sea. The only reason that the US is interested at all is that we are still trying to be the world's policeman, making sure that all other countries don't take advantage of their neighbors. However, it won't be the US that is hurt if China closes down the South China Sea. If the world really cares about what happens there, then they need to figure out how to make China suffer bad enough that they back away from their claims to the area. That can only be done if the rest of the world unites against China, and that isn't likely.

Typical American rhetoric . And one of the reasons some members leave Linc.  

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1