PH bars entry of US Senators; warns of Visa requirements for Americans

fred42

"The President is immediately ordering the Bureau of Immigration to deny US Senators Dick Durbin and Patrick Leahy, the imperious, uninformed and gullible American legislators who introduced the subject provision in the US 2020 Budget, entry to the Philippines," Duterte's spokesman Salvador Panelo said Friday.

Should the US push through with the ban on Filipino officials over De Lima's case, Panelo said Americans planning to visit the Philippines would be required to secure a visa.

"Should a ban from entry into US territory be enforced against Philippine officials involved in - or by reason of - Senator de Lima's lawful imprisonment, this government will require all Americans intending to come to the Philippines to apply and secure a visa before they can enter Philippine territory," Panelo said.

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/12/27/19/ph-bars-entry-of-2-us-senators-backing-de-lima-warns-of-visas-for-all-americans?fbclid=IwAR0vnOeZsAzOJaN_jK7cceE64XqFxOU6jK4NuXPXUj2OvvE-HciDg-tDE2E

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• RogerDuMond

• Headshot

• wondersailor

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an American living in the Philippines I am sick to death of the morons in Washington getting into other countries' internal affairs. Of course they only pick the easy marks. I see nothing nothing b

Apparently it was written into the 2020 budget.  Since the president doesn't have line item veto power, the whole bill would have to be vetoed and modified (or not) by the house and senate and voted o

No visa on arrival. If they go through with it, tourists would need to have a visa before coming here.   No, it is retribution against these two senators for threatening to blackball certa

Posted Images

streak03

Lol, were they planning on a visit?  Or, is this just more usual bullshit from the usual suspects..

Edited by streak03
RogerDuMond
52 minutes ago, fred42 said:

So what are they threatening??
No more 30 day visa waivers for U.S citizens?

No visa on arrival. If they go through with it, tourists would need to have a visa before coming here.

5 hours ago, streak03 said:

Lol, were they planning on a visit?  Or, is this just more usual bullshit from the usual suspects..

No, it is retribution against these two senators for threatening to blackball certain Philippine officials and putting the threat in the latest U.S. government funding bill.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
SkyMan
31 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

No visa on arrival.

Actually, no Visa waiver but pretty much the same thing. 

Headshot

I wish both governments would stop with the pissing matches...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Philippines has banned two United States officials from visiting the country and will introduce tighter entry restrictions for US citizens should Washington enforce sanctions over the detention of a top government critic, the president's spokesman has said.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/philippines-bans-officials-mulls-visa-rules-americans-191227075026104.html

SkyMan

I don't think those 2 senators would care, nor do I think anyone in the US gov't would care if the Philippines required visas for Americans.  On the other hand, Americans staying over 30 days would save money by getting the 9A visa before coming anyway.  The only inconvenience would be for those coming for 30 days or less having to get a 9A for $30 plus mailing.

In the near term, I would suggest any American tourists planning a trip here should get a 9A as a change like this would likely take affect immediately and you don't want to be barred from your flight for a $35 visa.

1 hour ago, SkyMan said:

I don't think those 2 senators would care, nor do I think anyone in the US gov't would care if the Philippines required visas for Americans.  On the other hand, Americans staying over 30 days would save money by getting the 9A visa before coming anyway.  The only inconvenience would be for those coming for 30 days or less having to get a 9A for $30 plus mailing.

In the near term, I would suggest any American tourists planning a trip here should get a 9A as a change like this would likely take affect immediately and you don't want to be barred from your flight for a $35 visa.

i do not know the situation in the USA but to get a visa from New Zealand you have to provide proof of funds and also a police clearance which takes time

• Administrator
Salty Dog

What about previous Filipino Citizens who are entitled to a Balikbayan entry… 

SkyMan
15 minutes ago, govoner said:

i do not know the situation in the USA but to get a visa from New Zealand you have to provide proof of funds and also a police clearance which takes time

NZ is not likely a part of this.

3 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

What about previous Filipino Citizens who get a balikbayan entry… 

Seeing as how this hasn't actually happened yet, how would anyone know?

RogerDuMond
34 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

What about previous Filipino Citizens who are entitled to a Balikbayan entry… 

Is there any logical reason for a former Filipino citizen not to reacquire Philippine citizenship?

wondersailor

As an American living in the Philippines I am sick to death of the morons in Washington getting into other countries' internal affairs. Of course they only pick the easy marks. I see nothing nothing banning Chinese officials in regard to forced organ harvesting.  Cowards!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3