Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MJones

Can Filipino's leave on a one way ticket?

Recommended Posts

MJones

I want to take my Filipino wife on a trip around Asia. But want to be flexible in terms of how long we will go. Will she have a problem with Philippines Immigration at the airport if she does not have a ticket returning to the country? I am aware that many Asian countries don't allow people to arrive on a one way ticket. My question concerns leaving the Philippines....Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

One of the youngsters in the family left for the US yesterday on a 1 way ticket. She is travelling on a 1 year J1 internship visa. So yes, all other things being equal, leaving on a 1 way ticket is possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rfm010

I wonder if it will be more of a problem of the airline allowing it rather than the government?  I have no answers only more questions, i expect situations may vary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolf

From immigration web site, cant give a link, website works strange for now

its under faq's I think

Quote

 

1.  What are travel requirements for Philippine citizens with tourist-purpose visas?

Unexpired DFA-issued passport (at least six-months valid)

Unexpired visa (if visa-required at final destination); and

Return ticket. 

 

 

there is more, but this answers the OP

Edited by Woolf
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mikewright
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

One of the youngsters in the family left for the US yesterday on a 1 way ticket. She is travelling on a 1 year J1 internship visa. So yes, all other things being equal, leaving on a 1 way ticket is possible. 

I think it is those leaving with tourist visas that need the return ticket. We have had many relatives come to Australia on Australian student visas; none needed return tickets to leave the Philippines.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paddy

Agreed @mikewright  Woolf’s link is pretty clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MJones

Thanks for all the replies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SkyMan
On 12/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, MJones said:

I want to take my Filipino wife on a trip around Asia. But want to be flexible in terms of how long we will go. Will she have a problem with Philippines Immigration at the airport if she does not have a ticket returning to the country? I am aware that many Asian countries don't allow people to arrive on a one way ticket. My question concerns leaving the Philippines....Thanks

Just start your trip to one of the cheaper destinations and get her a r/t ticket within the free Filipino visa period of that country.  If someone asks why you don't have r/t, tell them you plan to stay longer.  Then go on about your trip.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nameg1111

 The airline will not let you travel without a R  Ticket,,,,,OR onward ticket....

Edited by nameg1111
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MickyG

cheap throw away return, Once you an asean member is  elsewhere in Asean they can travel without a return ticket. Many take buses from singapore to thaiand via malaysia etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TimL

They are quite strict about Filipina’s traveling on a tourist visa having a return ticket. My GF and I, just went on a 3 week journey outside of the Country several weeks ago and they wanted to see a return ticket, proof of money to sustain herself in the event that things went wrong between us, accommodations itinerary and wanted to know what she planned on seeing/doing while out of the country as well as proving our history together, ie. photo’s, past travel docs, etc.

I knew from reading various forums that they are strict on Filipina’s leaving that have never traveled outside of the PH before so I made sure that she had 50,000ph in her bank account that she would have access to that I placed in there 3 months in advance of our trip and replenished what we spent over those months so that it didn’t just look like a dormant account, she also had $200 USD in cash as well as the 20K peso that we were leaving with, also printouts of of every cell phone load, or Xoom transfer I ever sent to her or her family over the past three years, had photo’s of all of our previous travels within the PH, as well as copies of our past tickets and hotel stays.  And yes, they looked at every bit of it. 
Even after all of that, I had to sign a affidavit of support promising to take care of her as well as any medical expenses for her, make sure that she obeyed the laws where we were going, promise to ensure that she gets back to the Philippines on the date that we stated that she would be back and to verify exactly what Countries that we planned on going to. Having done all of that, they did let her go with a whole 10 minutes to spare before out flight boarded.

i would definitely prepare myself so that she doesn’t get offloaded by not being able to give them what they want. Otherwise, you could be out of a lot of money in plane tickets/hotels, etc. if it isn’t refundable. Of course once she’s out of the Country, you can do whatever you want I guess. In my case though, since I had to to give them a sworn affidavit, I made sure that I did everything that was outlined in the form that I agreed to do which included bringing her back on time. 
I’m sure will go a long way towards hassle free or at least less hassle traveling in the future for us. 

I hope that helps. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Salty Dog
8 hours ago, TimL said:

They are quite strict about Filipina’s traveling on a tourist visa having a return ticket. My GF and I, just went on a 3 week journey outside of the Country several weeks ago and they wanted to see a return ticket, proof of money to sustain herself in the event that things went wrong between us, accommodations itinerary and wanted to know what she planned on seeing/doing while out of the country as well as proving our history together, ie. photo’s, past travel docs, etc.

I knew from reading various forums that they are strict on Filipina’s leaving that have never traveled outside of the PH before so I made sure that she had 50,000ph in her bank account that she would have access to that I placed in there 3 months in advance of our trip and replenished what we spent over those months so that it didn’t just look like a dormant account, she also had $200 USD in cash as well as the 20K peso that we were leaving with, also printouts of of every cell phone load, or Xoom transfer I ever sent to her or her family over the past three years, had photo’s of all of our previous travels within the PH, as well as copies of our past tickets and hotel stays.  And yes, they looked at every bit of it. 
Even after all of that, I had to sign a affidavit of support promising to take care of her as well as any medical expenses for her, make sure that she obeyed the laws where we were going, promise to ensure that she gets back to the Philippines on the date that we stated that she would be back and to verify exactly what Countries that we planned on going to. Having done all of that, they did let her go with a whole 10 minutes to spare before out flight boarded.

i would definitely prepare myself so that she doesn’t get offloaded by not being able to give them what they want. Otherwise, you could be out of a lot of money in plane tickets/hotels, etc. if it isn’t refundable. Of course once she’s out of the Country, you can do whatever you want I guess. In my case though, since I had to to give them a sworn affidavit, I made sure that I did everything that was outlined in the form that I agreed to do which included bringing her back on time. 
I’m sure will go a long way towards hassle free or at least less hassle traveling in the future for us. 

I hope that helps. 

I think since the OP was talking about his wife, a lot of what you mentioned might not be applicable...

The first trip I made with my wife before we were married was similar to what you mentioned. It was also her first time out of the Philippines, so she had an empty Passport. She was in her early 30s. They didn't ask about bank accounts, money, or hotel reservations though.  They pulled her aside for an interview. She filled out some form and during the interview they asked her if she could provide proof that we had been together. She showed them photos that she had on her iPad. I remember because one of the photos had our miniature poodle in it and the women doing the interview asked about the dog . Apparently she also had a miniature poodle. This seemed to create some rapport with the interviewer, and from that point on, everything went smoothly. Total delay was about 20 minutes. 

There was a young Filipina waiting there who was crying. She looked to be maybe 18-20 years old.  She was flying alone to meet a foreigner in Hong Kong. I don't know if she had ever met the guy in person. She had been denied permission to leave until she could get a letter from the foreigner stating certain things that immigration wanted to know.. Apparently he was working on faxing a letter, but she was going to miss her flight.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Sailfish Bay Fishing Charters

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..