Gardenia whole wheat bread

BossHog
6 hours ago, Jawny said:

I would compress the slices into a small ball and eat them like candy.

We'd do the same as very young boys. Except we'd bait the balls of Wonderbread on an Eagle Claw hook attached to some cheap Zebco rod with a closed reel.

The bluegill and sunnies would devour the little bread balls with glee and we'd reel 'em in all afternoon sitting on a dock on a lake. A finer afternoon an eight year old couldn't have. Chewing tobacco, talking baseball, and listening for the whhiizzz of the reel when the Wonderbread bait was ate.

When I see the plastic wrapped loaves of pan americano at the bakeries here, at the age of fifty I still think "bait!"

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• SkyMan

• Jawny

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We'd do the same as very young boys. Except we'd bait the balls of Wonderbread on an Eagle Claw hook attached to some cheap Zebco rod with a closed reel. The bluegill and sunnies would devour the

Perhaps someone can set a calendar reminder to post a warning next December 10th?

Most of the customers who buy white bread from our bakery are merchants in markets who buy dozens of loaves and sell them.  As well, walk in customers and families as well order large quantities to be

Posted Images

Headshot

Gardenia closes down its whole wheat bread during the Christmas holiday every year, so they can meet the increased demand for white bread products. Get used to it. It has happened every year, and it will happen every year in the future. If you can't live without wheat bread during the Christmas holiday, then you need to stock up in advance. It is amazing how people seem to be shocked every year when the Gardenia wheat bread disappears from the shelves.

• Like 2

If you’re really missing whole wheat bread, there’s a simple trick that will help.  Take the small piece of cardboard the bagger at the supermarket uses in the bottom of plastic bags.  That’s all you’ll need.  Cut it into small shapes, squares or whatever.

Place the white bread you have and make a thin coating of butter or margarine. 

Place the small pieces you’ve previously cut into a blender, put on high for about thirty seconds.  Sprinkle onto the buttered bread.  Wait a few minute for the cardboard to soak into the butter.  Then, use the converted bread, now similar to whole wheat, as usual.  Careful if toasting, they tend to burst into flames. 

As a alternative plan, go to the know it all neighbor who always has things such as bread in their freezer.  They’ll surely loan you a loaf along with the lecture on how to best be prepared. 

Edited by Jawny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Davaoeno
21 minutes ago, Jawny said:

If you’re really missing whole wheat bread, there’s a simple trick that will help.  Take the small piece of cardboard the bagger

Please post the name of your bakery so I can make sure that I never accidentally buy whole wheat bread there ! 

SomeRandomGuy

There are so many really really good bakeries around that do much better bread than that Gardenia crap.

If you are ever in my area try out Bob's.  They do a banana multigrain bread there which is probably one of the most amazing breads I have ever eaten here.

I am not knocking your tastes buds but damn. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Headshot said:

Gardenia closes down its whole wheat bread during the Christmas holiday every year, so they can meet the increased demand for white bread products. Get used to it. It has happened every year, and it will happen every year in the future. If you can't live without wheat bread during the Christmas holiday, then you need to stock up in advance. It is amazing how people seem to be shocked every year when the Gardenia wheat bread disappears from the shelves.

Well that’s good to know!! 😀

Headshot
9 hours ago, Paddy said:

Well that’s good to know!! 😀

Don't worry. This topic will be archived by next Christmas, so there will be a whole new set of people asking why there isn't any Gardenia wheat bread on the shelves.  :biggrin_01:

SkyMan
22 hours ago, Headshot said:

Don't worry. This topic will be archived by next Christmas, so there will be a whole new set of people asking why there isn't any Gardenia wheat bread on the shelves.  :biggrin_01:

Perhaps someone can set a calendar reminder to post a warning next December 10th?

• Haha 4
cebubird

Adventist Hospital has some of the BEST whole wheat bread you can find anywhere. Used to buy there all the time til gardenia became available everywhere.

SkyMan

Very funny, I've been to a few stores in the last few days and still no Gardenia wheat bread but they have mountains of Gardenia white bread nobody wants.  Rustans had stacks of trays of it near the registers and Gaisano had had piles of it in the aisles.  I hope that rotting mess hits Gardenia hard enough they wise up next year.

Woolf

Saw Gardenia Whole Wheat Bread at Fooda Talisay to day

• Like 1
SkyMan

Had some in Lilo-an Gaisano but not many.

• Thanks 1
to_dave007

Had 2 in Prince Tuburan till I got there.