• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woolf

• SkyMan

• Jawny

• to_dave007

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We'd do the same as very young boys. Except we'd bait the balls of Wonderbread on an Eagle Claw hook attached to some cheap Zebco rod with a closed reel. The bluegill and sunnies would devour the

Perhaps someone can set a calendar reminder to post a warning next December 10th?

Most of the customers who buy white bread from our bakery are merchants in markets who buy dozens of loaves and sell them.  As well, walk in customers and families as well order large quantities to be

Posted Images

RogerDuMond
26 minutes ago, Woolf said:

Now it this time the year again grrrrrrr

No gardenia whole wheat bread in the shops

gardenia whole wheat  green

Try Gaisano, plenty of it out here in Gaisano.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, RogerDuMond said:

Try Gaisano, plenty of it out here in Gaisano.

ya  ya   My wife just came back from Gaisano Tabunok Talisay City

she also checked Robinson, also in Tabunok

none none

Got half a loaf in the fridge but it's spoken for.  Whipped up some home made butter pecan ice cream and the butter left over from roasting the pecans is just waiting for some toast.  

to_dave007

Got 3 loaves in the freezer.  Boys (and me) like a slice with an all beef hot dog and some ketsup and mustard and relish.   Come on over.

Edited by to_dave007

none at fooda Talisay

Soupeod
5 hours ago, Woolf said:

none at fooda Talisay

Wonder why Cebu is out of this type of bread?

2 minutes ago, Soupeod said:

Wonder why Cebu is out of this type of bread?

happens every year here just before christmas , last year, the year before, several years before

• Like 2

Our bakery spends a lot of time to bake extra loaves of sliced bread for the Christmas holidays.  It is a huge money maker.  We deliver dozens of loaves, as many as we can bake. 

• Like 1
BossHog
8 hours ago, Woolf said:

happens every year here just before christmas

7 hours ago, Jawny said:

Our bakery spends a lot of time to bake extra loaves of sliced bread for the Christmas holidays

Can someone explain this to me, please? I've been to decades of Filipino Christmas parties and Noche Buena observations and never seen anyone eating bread.

Spaghetti and macaroni salad. Lumpia. Christmas ham. Leche flan and bibingka, etc. are the usual fare.

Do some folks serve ham and cheese/peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Is bread pudding a popular dish in some regions? Are squishy loves of Wonder bread wrapped and exchanged as gifts? What's the connection between store-bought loaves of sliced bread and Christmas?

• Haha 2
Just now, BossHog said:

Can someone explain this to me, please? I've been to decades of Filipino Christmas parties and Noche Buena observations and never seen anyone eating bread.

Spaghetti and macaroni salad. Lumpia. Christmas ham. Leche flan and bibingka, etc. are the usual fare.

Do some folks serve ham and cheese/peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Is bread pudding a popular dish in some regions? Are squishy loves of Wonder bread wrapped and exchanged as gifts? What's the connection between store-bought loaves of sliced bread and Christmas?

It's a treat - same as rural US at one time was taken with store bought bread over home made?

When we go to Bohol bright a loaf or 2 - besides Pandesal - they never have any themselves

Most of the customers who buy white bread from our bakery are merchants in markets who buy dozens of loaves and sell them.  As well, walk in customers and families as well order large quantities to be delivered just before Christmas.  The consumers are middle to lower class, who can’t afford (or find) fancy dinner rolls and such for a Christmas meal.  It is usually eaten with spaghetti placed on it or some sort of spread.

During the rest of the year, sliced bread is sold for birthday parties or for during the nine day mourning period.  Also, it is commonly served as a snack to laborers.  Just bread and some cold beverage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BTW, the OP was about whole wheat bread.  The bread we sell is white bread, commonly referred to as American bread.  It reminded me of an experience I had when I was younger.  The bread I eat is whole wheat, store bought, even white bread is store bought.  Can’t stand the white bread we sell.  However, it is  very popular.

The experience I had was to use an American brand of white sliced bread called Wonderbread. I would compress the slices into a small ball and eat them like candy. A funny description in the attached http://badmouth.net/the-wonderbread-experiment/