Umbrellas Now Allowed as Carry On

On 11/13/2019 at 12:56 AM, mistaeric said:

Mactan International Airport got mostly good reviews, but the bad ones stick out. The top one in the 2 or 3 hrs wait for arrivals going thru immigration after midnight. The 2nd one is the P850 terminal exit fee that they were not aware of. And the 3rd was why they confiscating folding compact umbrellas. My flights usually arrive in the mornings so its not that bad for me.

Umbrellas are now allowed...

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1083707

Headshot
6 hours ago, mistaeric said:

Hmmmm I wonder what the airport did with 1000's of umbrellas they confiscated over the years.

I remember, right after 911, the security people were confiscating everybody's fingernail clippers from their carry-on bags. Imagine my surprise when I had cleared security and gone to the gate area, and I found a convenience shop where they had this barrel of assorted fingernail clippers for sale. True story. What do you think they do with the umbrellas?

• Haha 2
SkyMan
On 11/19/2019 at 11:12 PM, Headshot said:

Imagine my surprise when I had cleared security and gone to the gate area, and I found a convenience shop where they had this barrel of assorted fingernail clippers for sale.

Well, but those were 'cleared through security' clippers and not just some off the street clippers.  Who knows what those could contain?

Personally, I'd have found a guard and reported the store for selling terrorism implements.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2