Voyager

Coin collectors in the Philippines

Voyager

I will be moving back to the US in May and I don't want to take everything back with me. The one thing is I want to get rid of my coin collection. I found 2 facebook pages for coin collectors here but that was a waste of time and no pawn shops take old US coins, In searching google I find nothing for coin collectors here in the Phils but I know they have to exist. Any ideas?

softail

Give us an idea what you have

Voyager

The pennies start at 1916. The nickels start at 1938.

Peace Dollars:
1925S (This is the prize one, excellent shape and if someone spent the time and money to have it graded it's worth way more than it was appraised for 10 years ago).
1928S

Eisenhower dollar:

Sacagawea dollar:
3 in total

Presidential Dollar:
1 in total (Washington)

Liberty Half dollar:

Not a big time collection and just one of many things I don't care to cart around.

dollar-coin-images.jpg

photo0949.jpg

Edited by Voyager
Added images

TheMatrix

There's not much there.  There's potentially some value in the two peace dollars.  There's nothing with the other coins.  Can I ask what is the significance with collecting the sacagawea dollar coins?  I believe these are common everyday coins.  I know a few coin laundromat owners that dispense these coins out their machines versus quarters.  How much do you need? 

Quote from Google:

"USA Coin Book Estimated Value of 1925-S Peace Silver Dollar is Worth $23 in Average Condition and can be Worth $105 to $29,127 or more in Uncirculated (MS+) Mint Condition."

With the value anywhere from $23 (that's twenty-three dollars) to $29,000, it would be worthwhile to have them graded.  

• Like 2

Voyager

Thanks for the input. It's not about the money it's about not having to pack it in my luggage. Anyway seems know one here has any good leads on website links.

TheMatrix
11 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thanks for the input. It's not about the money it's about not having to pack it in my luggage. Anyway seems know one here has any good leads on website links.

How much coin do you have?