SkyMan

13A Annual Report 2020

BossHog
On 1/9/2020 at 7:13 PM, Headshot said:

I think the letter requires the passport of the person getting the annual report, not the passport of the person's spouse.

To clear this up a bit. The Surigao BI didn't actually ask for her ID as I misstated. They asked me for her full name and date of birth so they could "research". I happened to have her passport on me and offered that and they took a photocopy. It's a highly professional and efficient branch of the Bureau of Immigration and I had no problem cooperating with them.

Would've been easier if she was there but was out clothes shopping in the mall where the BI office is located. Women, lol.

• Like 1

fivestarph

Did my Annual Report this morning. In and out within 35 minutes. The time queueing for photocopies was longer than the actual Report process.

Next year I will do the ACR front and back copy elsewhere before I go to J.Center.

• Like 1

East Saxon
31 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

Did my Annual Report this morning. In and out within 35 minutes. The time queueing for photocopies was longer than the actual Report process.

Next year I will do the ACR front and back copy elsewhere before I go to J.Center.

Was that the only only copying to be done?

Headshot
4 hours ago, East Saxon said:

Was that the only only copying to be done?

You had to get your ACR-I card photocopied to start the process, and then you had to photocopy the receipt you got so it could be returned to the ACR-I office to complete the process. There was a kiosk that took care of the photocopying (3 pesos) in the hallway between the BI and the ACR-I office, so it wasn't really a problem. What took a long time was the fact that BI was using the outside security guards as drop-off and pick-up points in the process. It seems that Filipinos just can't help but add steps in any simple process to make it more complicated. BTW, I did my annual report today as well. Other than that there was just a lot of waiting around. The whole process should have taken about five minutes, but took about two hours due to their process getting just about every BI employee in the office involved in it.

Edited by Headshot
  • Thanks 1

Headshot

Here is how you can shortcut the process and not spend any unnecessary time standing in line...

When you get there, go right to the kiosk in the hall to get your ACR-I card photocopied. Then go to the ACR-I office so they can annotate your photocopy for the BI cashier. Next, take the photocopy to the security guard at the little podium by the back door of the BI office. Go inside the BI office and sit down (if you are lucky) to wait for the cashier to call your name. Once she calls your name, get in the line leading to the cashier's window. Have your 310 pesos ready when you get to the cashier's window. After you pay, go to the hall and try to get a seat near the security guard's podium, and wait for your name to be called again. When he calls your name, pick up your receipt and take it back to the kiosk to be photocopied. Take the photocopy and your ACR-I card back to the ACR-I Office. They will take the information from your ACR-I card and annotate the receipt for you to take home. Do NOT lose the receipt. That completes the process.

• Like 1

fivestarph

When I went to do my Annual report, the kiosk  in the hall was closed, but there is an office near the toilets which one was directed to. The queue was as long as the Cashier queue.

The copy of the receipt unfortunately obviously cannot be done before you arrive.

Jack_be_nimble
51 minutes ago, fivestarph said:

When I went to do my Annual report, the kiosk  in the hall was closed, but there is an office near the toilets which one was directed to. The queue was as long as the Cashier queue.

The copy of the receipt unfortunately obviously cannot be done before you arrive.

When I did the paperwork for my 13a a few years back at the J-Centre there was a copier machine down one floor in the stationery shop near the escalator. I wonder if that copier is still there as a backup plan. Anybody know?  But, maybe the shop doesn't open until 10am?

Edited by Jack_be_nimble

Woolf

Has anybody done annual report, at the Mactan office ??

fivestarph
54 minutes ago, Jack_be_nimble said:

When I did the paperwork for my 13a a few years back at the J-Centre there was a copier machine down one floor in the stationery shop near the escalator. I wonder if that copier is still there as a backup plan. Anybody know?  But, maybe the shop doesn't open until 10am?

I think shops only open at 10am.  I arrived at 8.42am.

RogerDuMond
13 hours ago, Headshot said:

What took a long time was the fact that BI was using the outside security guards as drop-off and pick-up points in the process. It seems that Filipinos just can't help but add steps in any simple process to make it more complicated.

I found that this added step made the process easier as it greatly cut down on the congestion in the main office. In actuality it isn't an added step, it just moved the receiving station from inside the main office to outside into the hall.

David_LivinginTalisay
On 1/9/2020 at 12:10 AM, RogerDuMond said:

If you haven't done your yearly report for a residence visa, the process is different this year and it is somewhat streamlined. The place was packed when I got there at 10:45 and I was out by 11:30.

People are not all packed into the main office, they are spread out at the different steps.

Step 1: There is now a kiosk between the two offices where you can get photocopies for 3 pesos. You get a copy of the front and back of your ACR card and the get in a short line into the small office. Go to the window and hand them the passport, the ACR card, and the photo copy. They didn't look at the visa page of the passport only the photo page, checked the computer, stapled the number to the photo copy and you are done with step 1.

Step 2: Outside the main office and down the hall a bit, there is now a guard stand. You hand him the paper and then go into the main office and wait for your name to be called. When they call your name you go to the cashier and pay your 310 pesos. You do not have to go to the receiving window s this cuts down on the crowd in that office. They do not give you the receipt at this time, but you go back outside to the guard stand. When he gets your receipt he calls your name.

Step 3: You take the receipt to the kiosk and get a photocopy for another 3 pesos. You get back in line for the small room, but this time you go to a guy at the back oy the room with your receipt copy and your ACR copy. He writes the ACR number on the photocopy, hands you back your card and you are done.

With the people spread out like this, it makes it faster and easier. There is still a little choke point around the cashiers window, but nothing like it was last year.

Absolutely no questions were asked like years before.

I went to J-Mall from Talisay this morning and arrived about 08:30.  Took the elevator from The Underground Car Park.
Took a while for the elevator to arrive and quite  a few  waiting in by that time.

Pretty much as Roger DuMond wrote above, but  slight differences as follows:-

Step 1: The Photo CopyShop was behind the Main Office with the Cashier.  It was PHP6 to get the Front and back printed on the single A4 Sheet.           

Step 2: As Roger  said but they just asked me it I had done 'Annual Inspection' last year (as their PC connection to Database was down and could               not check .  I had done it the previous Year with my New British Passport, but they did not ask to see it this year). 

Step 3: As Roger said.  Because I am 'Over Age 60' I am 'Senior Citizen', so I was given 'Senior Priority', as completed fairly quickly!
             It was only PHP3 for the Photocopy of the Official Receipt (OR).  They give you, the OR!
            Back home in Talisay City by 10:20.

SkyMan
1 hour ago, David_LivinginTalisay said:

A4 Sheet

Is that a requirement or extraneous information?

Headshot
9 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

Is that a requirement or extraneous information?

A4 is not required. Letter size is perfectly acceptable. All they require is that you photocopy both sides of your ACR-I card on a single sheet of paper. 3 pesos at the kiosk in front of the Immigration office (but if you get there before the kiosk opens, then you need to make other arrangements). I got there after 10 AM, so there was no issue.

Edited by Headshot

rfm010

Here in civilization life is easier.  Did my report at sm north.  Walk in, say annual report, they point to the desk right in the middle, no line, man checks passport takes acr and p310 says 30 minutes, go get haircut, go to ace and eavesdrop on conversation between salesman and a couple who werent happy that the warranty on a stanley planer meant getting it serviced not replaced, back to bi, guard gives me my stuff.  Elapsed time 35 minutes, would have been quicker except i also browsed a medical equipment store that had a disappointing inventory.  

No photocopies needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

smokey

1 1/2 hours boring and no ac but drama done

• Like 1