Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Has anyone had a recent angiogram/angioplasty in Cebu

shadow

Any details will be greatly appreciated.

SkyMan

Looks like nobody.  I think most who need something like that done go to their home country.  I know that's probably not an option for you though.

• Like 1

Kabisay-an gid

I would recommend St. Luke's, which has two major medical centers in Metro Manila - in Quezon City and Global City. Both are internationally accredited by Joint Commission International.

Sorry, but I wouldn't recommend a hospital in Cebu for angioplasty.

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
  • Like 2

rfm010
18 hours ago, SkyMan said:

Looks like nobody.  I think most who need something like that done go to their home country.  I know that's probably not an option for you though.

I recently had an angiogram done in qc but the op specified cebu.  Perfectly satisfied with my procedure.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shadow
26 minutes ago, rfm010 said:

I recently had an angiogram done in qc but the op specified cebu.  Perfectly satisfied with my procedure.  

How much was the angiogram, and what hospital?

rfm010
13 hours ago, shadow said:

How much was the angiogram, and what hospital?

Will have to check the cost, to me it was reasonable.  Done (for convenience of location) at a relatively new place called diliman doctor's.  The doctor was lester uy, he has some good affiliations-- st lukes in global city.  

I've been having some general checkups done recently and diliman has done well.  Doctors seem good, place isn't busy as it is still pretty new.

• Thanks 1

rfm010

Looks like the total bill was about 35.5k, philhealth dropped it down to about 27k.  

Procedure went smoothly, if there were to be complications i dont know what that would mean for costs.

• Thanks 1

Kabisay-an gid

liquido

I happened to remember your post and came across this site when I was searching for something related.I have never been there or know anyone that has.It does say its located in Cebu..

https://www.perpetualsuccourcebu.com/cebu-heart-institute

• Thanks 1

shadow
53 minutes ago, liquido said:

I happened to remember your post and came across this site when I was searching for something related.I have never been there or know anyone that has.It does say its located in Cebu..

https://www.perpetualsuccourcebu.com/cebu-heart-institute

Thanks, that is the one I am being referred to. However, I was told about P80,000 for angiogram alone, which seems a bit on the high side...

lamoe
Just now, shadow said:

Thanks, that is the one I am being referred to. However, I was told about P80,000 for angiogram alone, which seems a bit on the high side...

Negotiate?

shadow
1 minute ago, lamoe said:

Negotiate?

I haven't made any contact yet, just doing preliminary research. I don't see much use in doing the angiogram unless it can be followed up with the much needed angioplasty afterwards, all which is far out of my financial capabilities. Currently I cannot keep up with the P300 per day consumption in meds...

liquido
9 minutes ago, shadow said:

Not sure if this is also the procedure they would put in stints and use the balloon if needed? which would raise the cost? But,as they say you get what you pay for?

Headshot

The true cost of an angiogram is in they find when they go in and look. Stints, open heart surgery or a heart device are common outcomes of angiograms. They generally have you sign a document before an angiogram that allows them to fix what they find, which means it is impossible to calculate the cost beforehand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

shadow
1 minute ago, liquido said:

Not sure if this is also the procedure they would put in stints and use the balloon if needed? which would raise the cost? But,as they say you get what you pay for?

Angiogram is just the test they need to run before inserting ballons or stints...

• Like 1