MTip87

Beach Resort Advice

mikewright
34 minutes ago, Headshot said:

There are resorts in the outlying areas of both El Nido town and Coron town that can fill the OP's needs.

Thanks Bill, very good to know. Will be in Coron and El Nido in January with a group of five  and would also like to find a  beachfront resort around that price. I am assuming OP was looking at $150-$200 per night for three rooms, not each room, as at $150-$200 per room there  are numerous options in both towns.

You mentioned that El Nido and Coron have the best beaches you have seen.  Can you recommend any particular  beach resorts at these beaches? Outlying areas would be fine, so long as there is reasonable transport into town. Thanks!

mikewright
2 hours ago, RR3 said:

I know a perfect place with great beaches affordable resorts  diving and all. But I wont publish where on public forum :cool: :drink:

Any chance of sending details by PM? :wink:

Headshot
3 hours ago, mikewright said:

Thanks Bill, very good to know. Will be in Coron and El Nido in January with a group of five  and would also like to find a  beachfront resort around that price. I am assuming OP was looking at $150-$200 per night for three rooms, not each room, as at $150-$200 per room there  are numerous options in both towns.

I assumed he meant per room, but if he meant that price for all three rooms, then that would change his options considerably.

• Like 1

Headshot

In El Nido, we enjoyed the El Nido Beach Hotel. It is at the far end of the beach in the picture you took of the El Nido beach. Although it is on the same beach, it is much less crowded the the bit near the center of town. Transport is easy in El Nido town, so it is easy access to all of the restaurants in town, but quiet because it is at the far end of the beach. The beach is very walkable, if you prefer that to the transportation available.

However, my wife has different memories. She didn't think the beach was very good, and she thought the water (in the ocean) smelled funny. Personal tastes, I guess.

Kabisay-an gid

Lots of overpriced tourist traps in El Nido, and during peak season the place is usually packed. Pretty much the same with Coron.

• Like 1

jaybee747
3 hours ago, Headshot said:

However, my wife has different memories. She didn't think the beach was very good, and she thought the water (in the ocean) smelled funny. Personal tastes, I guess.

Your wife was probably correct...

"El Nido Mayor Nieves Rosento has ordered the temporary closure of El Nido Beach Hotel after authorities discovered it had built concealed pipes in its walls that emptied wastewater directly into Bacuit Bay."

https://palawan-news.com/el-nido-hotel-ordered-closed/

"The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has ordered the closure of at least 10 hotels found illegally discharging waste into El Nido’s Bacuit Bay."

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1120730/denr-shuts-down-10-hotels-in-el-nido-antipollution-drive

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

captainpete
15 hours ago, RR3 said:

I know a perfect place with great beaches affordable resorts  diving and all. But I wont publish where on public forum :cool: :drink:

come on hadsan beach is ok but not that good lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

mikewright
9 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Lots of overpriced tourist traps in El Nido, and during peak season the place is usually packed. Pretty much the same with Coron.

We usually stay at Busuanga Seadive Resort in Coron, on the water but not  possible to swim there. Old place but with good dive shop, bar, restaurant and sunset views over the bay, and reasonably priced.

It's booked out on the dates we are in Coron, so was getting my hopes up about a nice beachfront near Coron at a reasonable price!

Edited by mikewright
  • Thanks 1

Headshot
1 hour ago, mikewright said:

We usually stay at Busuanga Seadive Resort in Coron, on the water but not  possible to swim there. Old place but with good dive shop, bar, restaurant and sunset views over the bay, and reasonably priced.

It's booked out on the dates we are in Coron, so was getting my hopes up about a nice beachfront near Coron at a reasonable price!

We stayed at the Two Seasons Resort on Busuanga (not the Two Seasons you have to take a boat to access which is 27k+ per night). It was a very nice resort with good rooms, good dining and a good pool, but there is no beach and no way to access the water there. We enjoyed our stay, and we were able to do everything we wanted while in Coron. The resort set us up for island hopping, snorkeling and beaches (not the normal big group tours). They had free shuttles for both the airport and local trips.

• Thanks 1

lamoe
18 hours ago, Davaoeno said:

I know a 6 star place owned by a guy who is so rich he will pay you to stay there- but I will only disclose it to you in the Ayala underground parking lot on a full moon ! 

Does this count?

:showing-ass:

• Haha 2

mikewright

Update on beach at El Nido. Swimming is not permitted at the main beach in El Nido, nor at the nearby beach at Corong Corong, The swimming ban, put in place last August because of the high fecal coliform levels in the water, is still in place.

The beach can still be used for boarding boats for the island tours.

1153925234_ElNido.thumb.jpg.344e1682ed1c158c53b6c58a50ae09c6.jpg

Edited by mikewright
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

SkyMan
On 12/11/2019 at 12:19 AM, MTip87 said:

We could fly into 
Cebu if it is more convenient

Absolutely!!

• Like 1

easy44

Bantayan has a great swimming beach, reasonable accommodations and nice atmosphere. Bus and ferry from Cebu takes about 5 hours but relatively comfortable air con bus. You can also rent a van, probably your best bet if you have a lot of people. Good bang for the buck. 

• Like 1

lamoe
10 minutes ago, easy44 said:

Bantayan has a great swimming beach, reasonable accommodations and nice atmosphere. Bus and ferry from Cebu takes about 5 hours but relatively comfortable air con bus. You can also rent a van, probably your best bet if you have a lot of people. Good bang for the buck. 

Took Air Juan during  intro promo - did a post on it - really enjoyed  our stay

Info on RORO and departure port

https://bantayanisland.com/listings/bantayan-island-ferry-schedules-fares/

https://bantayanisland.com/listings/hagnaya-port-information/

• Thanks 2