Helpers, Wages or Anything Else Off Topic

to_dave007

TheMatrix
13 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Sounds like you want to be a slaveowner, not an employer. 

But many states have a minimum wage below $11 an hour, yet the nationwide starting pay at all Walmart stores is $11, so their starting pay is ABOVE the minimum wage in many states.

So once again you gave us bad/bogus info.

I wouldn't mind owning a few slaves.  heehee

"So once again you gave us bad/bogus info"  -  Hey, I've been accused of that before!   (but not bad/bogus in my eyes... that's what counts!)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• TheMatrix

• Kabisay-an gid

• Jack Rat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or a worker picking grapes?!?  

When was the last time you tipped a minimum wage employee at a McDonalds or Burger King or Walmart?

I had a steak here so rough it must of been used by rocky balboa in his movie when paulie took him to the meat plant

Posted Images

to_dave007

What has al this got to do with Living in the Philippines?

• Like 1
Kabisay-an gid
10 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

What has all this got to do with Living in the Philippines?

You went off-topic yourself in this thread, big guy:

19 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

When was the last time you tipped a minimum wage employee at a McDonalds or Burger King or Walmart?

• Thanks 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
On 1/10/2018 at 1:17 AM, Member #1 said:

Forum Members - Please leave moderating to the staff. If you believe a topic or post violates the rules, click the "report" button at the top right corner of the post. Alternatively, you may send a PM to one of the moderators or administrators on the site. Please include a link to the post in question. Do not police the forum yourself, as that often leads to arguments, flaming, and someone getting a warning or banned.

• Thanks 1
smokey
7 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

Untrue!  Most of those establishments do indeed pay minimum wage.  Minimum wages are typically set by the State and can not fall under the Federal minimum.  For example, here in Arizona, minimum wage is $11.00 ($12.00 starting in 3 weeks from now) and McDonald's, Burger King and Walmart do start their employees at the minimum.  Same in Oregon.  Each market varies depending on labor competition.  We need more immigrants or else even these inner city markets such as Phoenix will be FORCED to increase starting wages.

Here is a mind blower why are the prices in these resturants in the philippines so close when labour so different. .   or movie in usa 10 dollars in sm same seating style 460 peso 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, smokey said:

Here is a mind blower why are the prices in these resturants in the philippines so close when labour so different. .   or movie in usa 10 dollars in sm same seating style 460 peso 

"What the market will pay" has no relationship to what employer must pay employees

As long as people will pay $7 for a cup of coffee at Starbucks they'll keep charging it

Minimum wage here per day

image.png.3ccb3e78e46b21faff7745c04489a603.png

image.png

Edited by lamoe
  • Like 1
DeedleNuts
21 hours ago, smokey said:

First, where in the USA are you watching a first run movie for $10 in 2019, second, while it's been a few years, the places in PH that served food priced similarly to places in the US had to import the foodstuffs very carefully and specifically to ensure the quality was as expected. I could find a very nice meal for a few hundred pesos in an air conditioned place, or half or less in more open places. 

Even the higher end places, where a good steak dinner would cost the equivalent of maybe $13 were pretty nice and maybe half or less what one would pay in the USA. The last steak dinner I had here was close to $40 a head and that was a 'family' restaurant. 

21 hours ago, lamoe said:

"What the market will pay" has no relationship to what employer must pay employees

In a free market, they are one and the same. In a system where the prices of things are fixed by some authority, obviously market principles won't apply. But then we find employers who can't afford to hire and bakers who can't afford to bake in those systems.

• Like 1
smokey
2 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

First, where in the USA are you watching a first run movie for $10 in 2019, second, while it's been a few years, the places in PH that served food priced similarly to places in the US had to import the foodstuffs very carefully and specifically to ensure the quality was as expected. I could find a very nice meal for a few hundred pesos in an air conditioned place, or half or less in more open places. 

Even the higher end places, where a good steak dinner would cost the equivalent of maybe $13 were pretty nice and maybe half or less what one would pay in the USA. The last steak dinner I had here was close to $40 a head and that was a 'family' restaurant. 

In a free market, they are one and the same. In a system where the prices of things are fixed by some authority, obviously market principles won't apply. But then we find employers who can't afford to hire and bakers who can't afford to bake in those systems.

Arizona cinamax.  Regal theathers as to eating steak here well finding one that can be chewed in one day is not easy oh yes the open air resturant i see them all the time on the SRP in cebu well first you have to wait for the red light so the dust will settle

1 hour ago, DeedleNuts said:

First, where in the USA are you watching a first run movie for $10 in 2019,

$10 is rater cheap for most metropolitan areas but if willing to travel much much cheaper - same movies

AMC Schaumburg / Rockford IL

Children (ages 2-12)$10.69 Adults (ages 13 & up)$13.69 Seniors (ages 60+)$12.69 Military Discount (After 4P.M.)$12.69

Beloit WI - 30 Km from Rockford  30 min drive

Prices

Matinee
Shows before 6 PM: $6.00
General
Child: 2-11 yrs. old: $6.00 (excludes R-rated movies)
Senior: 60 and up: $6.00
General Admission (shows 6PM & later): $8.00
$5 Tuesday
All Day Tuesday (excludes events): $5.00

smokey

In arizona its 10 for seniors and military and the some 40 employees are making 11 an hour in mall here 9 per day so they sure dont pass on the savings wonder what a movie here would cost if min wage was 4000 plus a day maybe 50 dollars a movie

Province-life
On 12/12/2019 at 7:09 AM, smokey said:

Because wages are a small part of a restaurant or cinemas expenses so it doesn't make much difference. 

Edited by Province-life
Just now, smokey said:

In arizona its 10 for seniors and military and the some 40 employees are making 11 an hour in mall here 9 per day so they sure dont pass on the savings wonder what a movie here would cost if min wage was 4000 plus a day maybe 50 dollars a movie

The real consumer cost to see a movie is what the studies charge the theaters - 60% to 90% of ticket price depending on demand and length of run

Popcorn soda, candy are where they make their profit up to 85% profit margin

DeedleNuts
1 hour ago, smokey said:

Arizona cinamax.  Regal theathers as to eating steak here well finding one that can be chewed in one day is not easy oh yes the open air resturant i see them all the time on the SRP in cebu well first you have to wait for the red light so the dust will settle

Well, a guy with a 1911 came in and terminated the employment of the manager about a month after I left, but when I was there the "Blue Rock" down on the beach in Subic served a really nice steak for 850p. Also the "Arizona" had a decent steak last time ai was there, similarly priced. Both (claimed they) used Aussie beef IIRC. 

Headshot
2 hours ago, smokey said:

If you want a tender steak in Cebu, go to The New Orleans restaurant up on the fourth floor of Ayala, and order their tenderloin. You could chew it without teeth. It will cost you about $22 (1100p) with one side. Drinks are extra.

4 hours ago, DeedleNuts said:

The last steak dinner I had here was close to $40 a head and that was a 'family' restaurant.

I have one word for you... Sizzler's.

Edited by Headshot
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, Headshot said:

If you want a tender steak in Cebu, go to The New Orleans restaurant up on the fourth floor of Ayala, and order their tenderloin. You could chew it without teeth. It will cost you about $22 (1100p) with one side. Drinks are extra.

Hell, I can get a sirloin that tender here in Florida,. From Texas Roadhouse, with two sides for $11.99, or $10.99 as a Wednesday night special...

trh.jpg

• Like 1