Helpers, Wages or Anything Else Off Topic

to_dave007

Just now, TheMatrix said:

Yes, as a business owner I feel wages are too high in the western world.  I'm with the Left on the subject, we need more immigrants.  Wages are near perfect in the rest of the world.

I do hope you were being sarcastic. 

The only immigrants who get lower wages in the US are illegals and they cost the US much more than any savings the business owners may get.

At$10,298 who would be able to buy your product?

https://www.gobankingrates.com/making-money/wealth/average-person-income-around-world/

The average per capita income worldwide is $10,298, according to the World Bank — and the differences in income between the poorest countries and richest countries in the world is staggering. Per capita annual incomes worldwide range from $280 in Burundi to $82,230 in Norway, with the U.S. in between at $56,180.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• TheMatrix

• Kabisay-an gid

• Jack Rat

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or a worker picking grapes?!?  

When was the last time you tipped a minimum wage employee at a McDonalds or Burger King or Walmart?

I had a steak here so rough it must of been used by rocky balboa in his movie when paulie took him to the meat plant

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, TheMatrix said:

I'm with the Left on the subject, we need more immigrants.  Wages are near perfect in the rest of the world.

Wow---300 PHP a day working at Robinsons is a perfect wage and you usually have to have a bunch of college just to get the job.

if you think that then why don't you come to the RP and try to live on that as you obviously need a reality check.

6 hours ago, smokey said:

Why they are the real deal hard working to often feed their familys i treat them as family this last saturday daughters bd so we invited the helpers to eat at viking

i thought the question was what I (or you) enjoy.

Sure if that what you enjoying why not? But if that's is the only reason for staying in the Philippines - again I would pack up my things and leave). Same as some complaining about all aspects of living here and the only thing makes it bearable to live in the Philippines are helpers - again I would get a life!!!

Unless you are just waiting to die and want to be served (for me just a waste of life)

Edited by Cgu
  • Like 2
jtmwatchbiz
9 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

Yup, lived in Cebu City for just about five years, 2008-2012.  Labangon and Escario.

yep some good times and my wife still got pics from your wedding.   escario was the best, except for when you blasted that air horn from your balcony to get my attention.  even our helpers could afford cell load to text me!  :biggrin_01:  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
10 minutes ago, jtmwatchbiz said:

yep some good times and my wife still got pics from your wedding.   escario was the best, except for when you blasted that air horn from your balcony to get my attention.  even our helpers could afford cell load to text me!  :biggrin_01:  

Don't make me split this thread again...:rolleyes:

• Like 1
TheMatrix
50 minutes ago, lamoe said:

I do hope you were being sarcastic. 

The only immigrants who get lower wages in the US are illegals and they cost the US much more than any savings the business owners may get.

At$10,298 who would be able to buy your product?

I don't want the entire world to make $10.29, but agree there should be some equalization.  The western world needs to come down, and the rest of us come up :-)  I believe that is what has been happening over the last 20 years, however slowly, but moving in the right direction.

I disagree about the illegals are the only ones with lower wages.  I know it's difficult finding citizens to do hard back breaking work such as picking grapes, for $13/hr in my area, so we are forced to hire "legal" immigrants.  There is lots of competition for those immigrants from surrounding farms which are forcing wages up.  There is seriously a severe labor shortage.

Edited by TheMatrix
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

I don't want the entire world to make $10.29, but agree there should be some equalization.  The western world needs to come down, and the rest of us come up :-)  I believe that is what has been happening over the last 20 years, however slowly, but moving in the right direction

Ok can you quote the average wage in the US? Maybe a miserable $10-12 an hour, that is why they tip, the employers are too miserable to pay a fair wage. Most civilized countries don't tip they pay their workers a fair wage.

7 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Ok can you quote the average wage in the US? Maybe a miserable $10-12 an hour, that is why they tip, the employers are too miserable to pay a fair wage. Most civilized countries don't tip they pay their workers a fair wage.

Sorry, I will rephrase the question, what is the "minimum" wage in the US? Minimum wage is around $20 an hour in Aussie. Tipping is discouraged.

shadow
Just now, Jack Rat said:

Sorry, I will rephrase the question, what is the "minimum" wage in the US? Minimum wage is around $20 an hour in Aussie. Tipping is discouraged.

Each State has it's own minimum wage. Oregon is at $11.25 currently, Washington $12, which is about $18 AUD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
jtmwatchbiz
32 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

Don't make me split this thread again...:rolleyes:

hey split this.

I mentioned helpers didn't I?  :biggrin_01: 

smokey
1 hour ago, Cgu said:

i thought the question was what I (or you) enjoy.

Sure if that what you enjoying why not? But if that's is the only reason for staying in the Philippines - again I would pack up my things and leave). Same as some complaining about all aspects of living here and the only thing makes it bearable to live in the Philippines are helpers - again I would get a life!!!

Unless you are just waiting to die and want to be served (for me just a waste of life)

Get a life i have a life and its great until i leave the subdivision what i need is a stay out driver . .I only live here part time i spent months in the us were everything is in stock . lets see for fun i go to manila to see.a.car.show . i have lots of toys to amuse myself my bedroom is.bigger then most 2 bedroom condos . i have 5 dogs i found in the streets . for christmas i buy lots of rice sardine and noodles to make bundles of joy for the poor . i pay my helpers 7000 a month plus phil health sss and they have room with a view . and i still say traffic sucks too much pollution and poverty 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shadow said:

Each State has it's own minimum wage. Oregon is at $11.25 currently, Washington $12, which is about $18 AUD.

The current minimum Aussie wage is now $21.6 roughly $14.70 US. I presume the US salary tax rate is similar in most states. The current annual Aussie salary is around $85,000 pa.

Kabisay-an gid
3 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

The US has lower tax rates and a lower cost of living than Australia. 

Thanks to tips, many of our tipped employees make FAR more than Aussies at the same jobs - such as restaurant and club employees, etcetera.

Tipping is the norm in not just the US, but all of North America, including Canada and Mexico. 

Anybody who doesn't like tipping, great, don't come here. Trust me, they won't be missed.

• Like 2
to_dave007
5 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

The US has lower tax rates and a lower cost of living than Australia. 

Thanks to tips, many of our tipped employees make FAR more than Aussies at the same jobs - such as restaurant and club employees, etcetera.

Tipping is the norm in not just the US, but all of North America, including Canada and Mexico. 

Anybody who doesn't like tipping, great, don't come here. Trust me, they won't be missed.

When was the last time you tipped a minimum wage employee at a McDonalds or Burger King or Walmart?

• Like 3