Helpers, Wages or Anything Else Off Topic

to_dave007

to_dave007
34 minutes ago, smokey said:

One of the most basic western style conveniences... Seen it a thousand times car pulls up night time to house honk honk out come the helper run unlock gate car drives in.   Most helpers get up 5 am and many work 14 hour days so is it fair to wake them to open the gate ? Problem solved install electric garage door opener cost about 80.000 peso because it includes gate. But mine has been working 15 years only replaced motor once in 2012. Grwat investment and easy on house help and great in the rain no one gets wet

Damn..  What an idea..  If I had a live in house helper I wouldn't get wet..  Wife gets pissed if I make her come out in rain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• TheMatrix

• Kabisay-an gid

• lamoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or a worker picking grapes?!?  

When was the last time you tipped a minimum wage employee at a McDonalds or Burger King or Walmart?

I had a steak here so rough it must of been used by rocky balboa in his movie when paulie took him to the meat plant

Posted Images

smokey
2 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

Damn..  What an idea..  If I had a live in house helper I wouldn't get wet..  Wife gets pissed if I make her come out in rain.

Well gee without helpers why live here .. Traffic sucks dealing with government sucks humidity sucks everything you want is out of stock gas cost more electronics more most foods more no parking . 

• Like 7
40 minutes ago, smokey said:

Well gee without helpers why live here .. Traffic sucks dealing with government sucks humidity sucks everything you want is out of stock gas cost more electronics more most foods more no parking . 

Sad but true.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

Not sad, but having helpers is probably the one best thing that makes living in the Philippines totally worth it.  

If having helpers would be one of the best thing making living n the Philippines worth it, I would leave the next day (or tell myself to get a life!!). 

I cannot imagine living like that. I need to enjoy my life  - having convenience like being served is a bonus, but it is garnish  - the main course is living and for that I rather do the household etc. myself...but enjoy the life I live.

• Like 2
TheMatrix
19 hours ago, Cgu said:

If having helpers would be one of the best thing making living n the Philippines worth it, I would leave the next day (or tell myself to get a life!!). 

I cannot imagine living like that. I need to enjoy my life  - having convenience like being served is a bonus, but it is garnish  - the main course is living and for that I rather do the household etc. myself...but enjoy the life I live.

I have a pretty good life here in the US with multiple businesses, living on a beautiful vineyard raising pinot noir wine grapes in Oregon, but life would be so much easier "and better" if I could afford more staff.  Labor is outrageous here in the US.  In the Philippines, you can have an army of helpers, keeping everything nice and tidy all the time, saving you for doing the important things in life, like spending quality time raising your children, or working on the meaningful things that affect the growth of your businesses, not being the "technician" all the time.  

On 12/2/2019 at 11:55 PM, Bama said:

Sad but true.

Not sad, but having helpers is probably the one best thing that makes living in the Philippines totally worth it.  

• Like 1
On 12/3/2019 at 12:15 PM, smokey said:

6 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

Taken a bit out of context.

The highlighted portion of my post----which happens to agree with smokey take-----is what I referred to as "sad but true".

• Thanks 1
smokey
8 hours ago, Cgu said:

So what is it you enjoy and please skip the rich culture and friendly face add

• Like 1
Headshot
41 minutes ago, smokey said:

I enjoy driving in Cebu metro area traffic and also the pollutants in the air that coat everything with black every night...   :sarcasm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

I have a pretty good life here in the US with multiple businesses, living on a beautiful vineyard raising pinot noir wine grapes in Oregon, but life would be so much easier "and better" if I could afford more staff.  Labor is outrageous here in the US.  In the Philippines, you can have an army of helpers, keeping everything nice and tidy all the time, saving you for doing the important things in life, like spending quality time raising your children, or working on the meaningful things that affect the growth of your businesses, not being the "technician" all the time.  

Are you for real mate? I think you are pulling our leg! It's obvious you have you never lived in the Philippines.

Davaoeno
5 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Are you for real mate? I think you are pulling our leg! It's obvious you have you never lived in the Philippines.

Are you questioning whether or not being in Winland Towers  constitutes " living " in the Philippines ?

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Haha 3
TheMatrix
1 hour ago, Jack Rat said:

Yup, lived in Cebu City for just about five years, 2008-2012.  Labangon and Escario.

1 hour ago, Davaoeno said:

Are you questioning whether or not being in Winland Towers  constitutes " living " in the Philippines ?

I know, not quite the nipa hut some of us are accustomed to living in, but it sure beats the mosquitoes.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, smokey said:

Surely not helpers😁

smokey
54 minutes ago, Cgu said:

Surely not helpers😁

Why they are the real deal hard working to often feed their familys i treat them as family this last saturday daughters bd so we invited the helpers to eat at viking

• Like 2
18 hours ago, TheMatrix said:

There are A LOT of things that are outrageous in the US. 

Labor costs are not one of those things. 

Do you really think labor wages should be lower in the US?

TheMatrix
8 minutes ago, seanm said:

There are A LOT of things that are outrageous in the US. 

Labor costs are not one of those things. 

Do you really think labor wages should be lower in the US?

Yes, as a business owner I feel wages are too high in the western world.  I'm with the Left on the subject, we need more immigrants.  Wages are near perfect in the rest of the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1