Goetz1965

Is anyone doing "Amazon Business " to sell to the philippines?

Goetz1965

Yeah Im a bit old, that'S why I only just encountered that one can do Amazon Business to sell things, and that Amazon then handles nearly everything.
Now I wonder, is somebody here doing that and selling stuff to the philippines too?
If yes, how about customes and such things?  I would like to ask some questions before I might try it myself.

GBT62

To be honest - given the delivery costs and delays - you are better off just selling stuff on Amazon to folks in US/Europe/Australia. That's easy enough to do from here.

Mostly it's just tyre-kickers here - and you are just limiting your market.

My GF works in online support for a US company that has all sorts of programs and tools to assist Amazon sellers (like trips to China etc to find popular products and suppliers). Most of their customers (the Amazon sellers) are US/AU/UK/Euro -  selling to customers in those geographies.

• Like 1

Province-life

My wife (and I) have a Lazada & Shopee business here, it sells a lot more than my Amazon/Ebay business in the UK. Obviously the market is smaller here but then the competition is much less also.

• Like 3

shadow
18 minutes ago, Province-life said:

My wife (and I) have a Lazada & Shopee business here, it sells a lot more than my Amazon/Ebay business in the UK. Obviously the market is smaller here but then the competition is much less also.

I'm curious what category of products you sell, and is your sources local or is it imported products?

Province-life
1 hour ago, shadow said:

I'm curious what category of products you sell, and is your sources local or is it imported products?

Vaping, the juice is all made here. Hardware all comes from China but we normally buy from distributors here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Goetz1965

How is the customes when importing from Alibaba?
Does LBC delivers to your doorstep or do you have to go to customes everytime a packet arrives and "waste hours of time and money" to get your goods out?
Thats really my only concern if I would start such a business here.

Jawny

There may be considerations regarding the business license aspect as well as importers permit if larger quantities are being imported and sold. As well, only certain visas allow foreigners to operate these business as best I know.  

• Like 1

Goetz1965

I just dont want to send my gf to customes all the time. Hell yeah she would of course be the owner of that business I run, so she should do her part too lol

Edited by Goetz1965

RogerDuMond
9 hours ago, Goetz1965 said:

How is the customes when importing from Alibaba?
Does LBC delivers to your doorstep or do you have to go to customes everytime a packet arrives and "waste hours of time and money" to get your goods out?
Thats really my only concern if I would start such a business here.

When buying something from Alibaba and having door to door delivery it is usually DHL or FEDEX that delivers. I have never had a delivery from LBC through Alibaba. The delivery company has always let us know what customs fees are due so that we could have the cash ready when they deliver the product.