What's Your Favorite Pizza Style

Salty Dog

mikecon3

About 15 years ago, we had a bakery in the back woods of Masbate, selling the usual sugar bread snacks. One trip home from Saudi, I decided to try and introduce a little culture by making pizza. Brought pepperoni, mozzarella and pizza sauce with me, and cooked up a few thin crust pizzas for everyone to try.

My kids and I thought they were good, but you would have thought I farted in church, the looks I got from everyone else that tried it! Perhaps if I had dumped half a kilo of sugar in the dough, and covered it in sardines, they would have liked it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Salty Dog

• M.C.A.

• liquido

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Generally Pizza is not served spicey hot,the flavor would be messed up completely...There are some people that like to sprinkle a small amount of red pepper flakes on there slice though..And yes the m

About 15 years ago, we had a bakery in the back woods of Masbate, selling the usual sugar bread snacks. One trip home from Saudi, I decided to try and introduce a little culture by making pizza. Broug

Posted Images

Paddy
1 hour ago, mikecon3 said:

the looks I got from everyone else that tried it!

Most pizza here is thin crust with “regular” toppings. However, some places use cheddar (and probably UHT cheddar at that) as the base cheese and the pepperoni, “ham”...I don’t know...

If you made real pizza with real pizza ingredients I’m not surprised Masbatenos didn’t like it 😀. There can’t be that many who have ever tasted the real thing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
M.C.A.

Found out through advertising on Facebook that in Manila they have several Papa John restaurants, I sure would like to see one of those and some more competition set up in our area.  We did get a new Pizza joint called Yellow Cab and it was good but expensive and their promotion are these tiny 9" sized pizza's buy one get one free for 500 pesos, what a rip.

Edited by M.C.A.
  • Like 1
the.lone.gunman

IMG_1388.thumb.JPG.a08385251a62ce31bae6eeddd9ecb20f.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3