Shipping Dog to Philippines

JonnyBravo

I seen some old posts about shipping a dog to the Philippines and figured I would document my experience. If you have experience with this then feel free to advise.

My dog will be traveling as cargo without me on the plane. The intended route is Guam to Manila to Cebu. I’m working with a Korean company to get him from Guam to Manila (Shindogs). Manila to Cebu will be done with another company (Furexpress). So far I have my pets importation paperwork approved and his health certificate appointment scheduled. After his health certificate is accomplished I have to go to the USDA and get an exit permit which takes a day.

Right now I’m trying to figure out how to pay the importation taxes. I’m hoping furexpress can cover that if I pay them to take care of it. If not I’ll have to figure out other arrangements. I’ll attach a photo of the importation paper guide that the Philippine consulate general gave me here on Guam. I’ll update as I’m going through this.

b5e60b23d3b363fd8025f428d2ccc78e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
RogerDuMond

Eight years ago, I checked into it and decided not to bring my Bullmastiff. At that time, everything would be handled by one company, but the cost was over seven thousand dollars. There were special charges and restrictions by the airlines because he weighed 176 pounds.

https://www.philippineconsulatela.org/consular-services-2/notar1als/related-services/importation-of-pets-to-the-philippines

Importation of Pets to the Philippines

NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR BRINGING PETS TO THE PHILIPPINES

The Philippine Consulate General informs the public of the revised requirements for the transport of pets from the United States to the Philippines:

Import permit issued by the Philippine Bureau of Animal Industry (BAI), which can be obtained from  https://www.intercommerce.com.ph/registrationbai.asp (detailed procedures for the import permit application may be found in Annex A below); and

Health certificate issued by a United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) veterinarian or USDA-accredited veterinarian, dated within 30 days of arrival in the Philippines.

Mandatory identification of pet dog or cat with ISO compliant microchip / RFID (radio-frequency identification)

Failure to present these requirements may result in pet/s being quarantined upon arrival in the Philippines.

Effective June 01, 2018, dogs and cats imported without the required identification will be declined entry and returned to its origin. All costs incurred will be shouldered by the importer.

The public is further informed that authentication of the USDA Health Certificate by the Philippine Consulate General is no longer required.

The highlighted bit of what I posted intrigued me a bit.

Is there an abundance of the microchip readers here in the RP that would help return a wayward pet to it's owner ? IDK

JonnyBravo

The highlighted bit of what I posted intrigued me a bit.
Is there an abundance of the microchip readers here in the RP that would help return a wayward pet to it's owner ? IDK

I would think they would have it. I had to micro chip my dog when I moved from North Dakota to Guam. Now the dog catchers are almost nonexistent here so your pet would no doubt become a boonie dog (what they refer to strays). But if by chance he was picked up and scanned it would show that I’m his owner. All and all it’s only as good as the system in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davaoeno

If your dog gets lost there are no microchip readers but there are lots of waiting pots !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1