TequilaSunset

Buying land and build vs. Buying home

TheMatrix
On 12/2/2019 at 9:15 PM, smokey said:

Consider buying a quaint little resort property which includes a luxury house where you can reside the rest of your life running a low stress BnB.  You can easily market the accommodations yourself via the internet, have all the staff you'll ever need, and live a 4-star resort property lifestyle... all whatever you ever wanted.  I looked at a few properties years ago in Bohol and Bantayan.  Were very nice and reasonably priced properties, but poorly marketed so income was low.  I figured I could come in, fix'er up, make things shiny again with some upgrades.  Living a white sandy beach, sunshine, ocean breezes lifestyle is amazing, and it's a business you can pass down to generations.  I'm pretty sure ocean front property is a good long term investment.  After my little tikes graduate high school, we'll probably be off to the Philippines doing the same.  

On 12/2/2019 at 9:55 PM, Bama said:

Sad but true.

Not sad, but having helpers is probably the one best thing that makes living in the Philippines totally worth it.  

Edited by TheMatrix

Cgu
10 minutes ago, TheMatrix said:

Consider buying a quaint little resort property which includes a luxury house where you can reside the rest of your life running a low stress BnB.  You can easily market the accommodations yourself via the internet, have all the staff you'll ever need, and live a 4-star resort property lifestyle... all whatever you ever wanted.  I looked at a few properties years ago in Bohol and Bantayan.  Were very nice and reasonably priced properties, but poorly marketed so income was low.  I figured I could come in, fix'er up, make things shiny again with some upgrades.  Living a white sandy beach, sunshine, ocean breezes lifestyle is amazing, and it's a business you can pass down to generations.  I'm pretty sure ocean front property is a good long term investment.  After my little tikes graduate high school, we'll probably be off to the Philippines doing the same.  

Not sad, but having helpers is probably the one best thing that makes living in the Philippines totally worth it.  

If having helpers would be one of the best thing making living n the Philippines worth it, I would leave the next day (or tell myself to get a life!!). 

I cannot imagine living like that. I need to enjoy my life  - having convenience like being served is a bonus, but it is garnish  - the main course is living and for that I rather do the household etc. myself...but enjoy the life I live.

TheMatrix
3 minutes ago, Cgu said:

If having helpers would be one of the best thing making living n the Philippines worth it, I would leave the next day (or tell myself to get a life!!). 

I cannot imagine living like that. I need to enjoy my life  - having convenience like being served is a bonus, but it is garnish  - the main course is living and for that I rather do the household etc. myself...but enjoy the life I live.

I have a pretty good life here in the US with multiple businesses, living on a beautiful vineyard raising pinot noir wine grapes in Oregon, but life would be so much easier "and better" if I could afford more staff.  Labor is outrageous here in the US.  In the Philippines, you can have an army of helpers, keeping everything nice and tidy all the time, saving you for doing the important things in life, like spending quality time raising your children, or working on the meaningful things that affect the growth of your businesses, not being the "technician" all the time.