AbbAbbA

Question about deep wells

fred42
1 minute ago, shadow said:

Ours is 8, same as 15 years ago.

However, I think the meter does not work or they do not know how to read it. Our bill has always been P35 per month, whether we have no water consumption at all or we have it running through leaky faucets and down the canal.

Who am I to complain?

Never had an issue with barangay supply until 3 months ago when the taps went dry for 8 days and nights.
We decided to have a well drilled (60ft) and a 30 ton underground concrete cistern for storage.
One thing I have learned about living here is do not take anything for granted because it can be taken away at any time and normally when we least expect it.
Water,we cannot live without.

• Like 3

SkyMan
9 hours ago, Woolf said:

Every unit have a water meter

Here amount nov bill total consumption 32 M3

Standard rate                                 10x10       100.00 php

Excess consumption                     22x11       242.00 php

Service charge                                                   68.40 php

Total                                                                   410.40 php

Sounds about like the standard MCWD rate.  p150 for the first 10cum, use it or not.  When we rented, our bill was always p150 even if we weren't there.  Oddly I noticed on the bill that the rate went up if you had a larger connection.  I know that a larger connection would give you the potential for using more water but it seems odd to me that the charge would be relayed to that and not to how much you use. 

• Like 1

cookie47

Well, got up this morning no water. Can't plan anything with our supplier.Had to put a bin in shower for back up.

Our bill last month... 2 Adult house.

15, (i guess Cubic metres.. It don't say)
P295 including VAT..
4X bottle water for drinking/cooking a week,@ P25 per bottle delivered. (this is an average dependent on visitors.)
No reference AT ALL on bill to how much per Cubic meter /or if there is an excess cut in point.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Edited by cookie47
Addition

NigelandMJ

As seems to be the norm here in Santiago Camotes. We have had no water here since March, but in the months previous we would only get water on some days, and then it would only be for 1 or 2 hours at a very low flow rate.

smokey

Well in 15 years. 14 in same house had no water 1 time for 3 hours developer owned well

• Like 1

cookie47
1 hour ago, NigelandMJ said:

no water here since March

Wow, I've got nothing to complain about based on your situation. 

I only wish here that here there was a pattern for non water. Certain hours, Certain days,,, but NO.. Totally random including to the minute.. 

shadow
7 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

Wow, I've got nothing to complain about based on your situation. 

I only wish here that here there was a pattern for non water. Certain hours, Certain days,,, but NO.. Totally random including to the minute.. 

It took me a few years to figure out their pattern. Once you figure it out, it makes perfect sense.

They only turn the water off on days that it rains, or on days that it don't!

• Haha 1

cookie47
7 minutes ago, shadow said:

They only turn the water off on days that it rains, or on days that it don't!

That does make some sense actually. 

As i recently discovered from Skyman our water comes from a reservoir (rather than deep well). 

Some of our neighbours have put in those stainless tanks (not massive, about 3000 litres)? For rainwater. Not sure if plumbed to house. 

shadow
1 minute ago, cookie47 said:

That does make some sense actually. 

As i recently discovered from Skyman our water comes from a reservoir (rather than deep well). 

Some of our neighbours have put in those stainless tanks (not massive, about 3000 litres)? For rainwater. Not sure if plumbed to house. 

Our water supply comes from runoff, into a reservoir. When it rains, mud runs into it, so they shut the water off to keep the mud out of the pipes.

When it doesn't rain, they shut it off to preserve water, as nobody will fix their leaky faucets!

Makes perfect sense!

• Like 1

AbbAbbA
On 12/4/2019 at 8:14 AM, to_dave007 said:

And has the developer committed to you that the water will be free?  Will you own the well?  Is it on land that you own?  I agree with @RogerDuMond above.

The developer did assure an electric and water connection with the unit so they're doing their best to fulfill the conditions before turning it over.

AbbAbbA
On 12/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, Woolf said:

Is it in a subdivision  ??  will the well finally be owned by the developer or HOA?

No, it's not in a subdivision.

SkyMan
7 hours ago, cookie47 said:

The reservoir above my place is a huge concrete tank (15k cum?) which I'm told is filled from deep wells. But I'm also told only goes to Lacion for treatment and then on to MEPZA.

• Thanks 1

cookie47

I think the guy who controls the tap is taking the Pizz. Or reading this forum, ha

8.30 no water 

8. 50 yes

9. 20 no

10..am yes, dribble

11. 20 no.. 

• Haha 1