AbbAbbA

Question about deep wells

smokey

We get deep well supply by builder my lowest water bill was 1500.   On plus side my assosation fee for 400 sq meters of house is 800 month for lights guards clubhouse etc

cookie47
17 hours ago, to_dave007 said:

In that area I would EXPECT that almost all homes would be on municipal water.

I agree with dave,, cant understand why they are refusing a connection,unless of course its like PLDT, sorry sir "can't run Fibre that far". 

My wife grew up in Banilad (College onwards).Location 300 meters city side of Country Mall...on the highway. The family still live there in fact. Apparently NEVER had a deep well (and always had MCWD) and just told me deep wells were/are not allowed. Anyway not sure how much this helps the OP but i would ask more questions.. 

to_dave007
20 minutes ago, cookie47 said:

I agree with dave,, cant understand why they are refusing a connection,unless of course its like PLDT, sorry sir "can't run Fibre that far". 

My wife grew up in Banilad (College onwards).Location 300 meters city side of Country Mall...on the highway. The family still live there in fact. Apparently NEVER had a deep well (and always had MCWD) and just told me deep wells were/are not allowed. Anyway not sure how much this helps the OP but i would ask more questions.. 

Exactly..  it's not like that area of city is remote.. or un-serviced..  or at high elevation.  That's a fairly stable built up area.. or so I thought.    and I REALLY would expect that standard MCWD municipal water should be available.

Anyway.. I don't think we can add much more for OP..  Up to her what she does with it.

• Like 1

SkyMan
1 hour ago, cookie47 said:

just told me deep wells were/are not allowed.

True for CC and Mandaue I believe.

AbbAbbA

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the helpful replies! I contacted the person in charge and they did say they managed to find water but the water pressure was low so they're still digging deeper for a better foot hold on the water source. Fingers crossed they'll be done by the end of this month. As for the mcwd, I'm still talking it with the project manager of the site.

shadow
10 minutes ago, AbbAbbA said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the helpful replies! I contacted the person in charge and they did say they managed to find water but the water pressure was low so they're still digging deeper for a better foot hold on the water source. Fingers crossed they'll be done by the end of this month. As for the mcwd, I'm still talking it with the project manager of the site.

The water pressure was low?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dafey
25 minutes ago, shadow said:

Right...wells don't have water pressure unless they are artesian. Pressure comes from the pump

• Like 2

shadow
2 minutes ago, Dafey said:

Right...wells don't have water pressure unless they are artesian. Pressure comes from the pump

Right...and the pump comes from the person in charge.

Something does not make sense.

• Like 3

lamoe
Just now, shadow said:

Right...and the pump comes from the person in charge.

Something does not make sense.

Miscommunication? Water flow?

RogerDuMond
1 hour ago, AbbAbbA said:

As for the mcwd, I'm still talking it with the project manager of the site.

I am wondering why you are relying on the word of the project manager. From everything you have said, it appears that you didn't check the information that you received about not being allowed to connect to municipal water with MCWD. Why?

I don't know about the city area, but out here, they discourage putting in wells if "city" water is available. They don't want unrestricted access to the aquifer.

• Like 3

Bama
2 hours ago, AbbAbbA said:

As for the mcwd, I'm still talking it with the project manager of the site.

As Roger is suggesting in his post-------bypass the PM and go talk to the water dept.yourself----you might be being lied to.

• Like 1

wondersailor

Have you gone, in person, and talked to the water Dept. ? Would be my first step. They could probably answer most, if not all, your questions.

• Like 2

AbbAbbA
22 hours ago, shadow said:

Yeah sorry, I may have used the word incorrectly. I meant to say the water output flow was low.

AbbAbbA
21 hours ago, RogerDuMond said:

I am wondering why you are relying on the word of the project manager. From everything you have said, it appears that you didn't check the information that you received about not being allowed to connect to municipal water with MCWD. Why?

I don't know about the city area, but out here, they discourage putting in wells if "city" water is available. They don't want unrestricted access to the aquifer.

Thank you for your concern. I guess partly in good faith. That and well, it might take a long time to get an answer from MCWD unless you know someone working there personally or sweeten the person with gifts..

shadow
2 minutes ago, AbbAbbA said:

Thank you for your concern. I guess partly in good faith. That and well, it might take a long time to get an answer from MCWD unless you know someone working there personally or sweeten the person with gifts..

Quite frankly, from this angle it appears to me you are getting the run around from your project manager, who wants to sell you a deep well (which I am certain he will make money on) rather than hooking up to MCWD (which he probably will not make money on).

Go to the source. Go to MCWD yourself, in person. An hour invested may save you buko peso. 

• Like 5