Sign in to follow this  
lamoe

Two Days in Inabanga Hospital

lamoe

Spent last week working on family's house - Sunday was scheduled last day of  work - overdid it - almost 10 hours in 1 2/3 rds W x 3 1 /3  L x 3 M H CR putting in fixtures and plumbing - no ventilation and no fan /  was broken

Broke the 3 cardinal rules of living here  - take  rest breaks / stay hydrated and sanitation

Didn't take a real break

Didn't drink very much water or eat

Didn't wash hands / clean scratches from playing with family dogs from several days before (probably would have fought off Ameba infection if not exhausted)

Went to hospital on Monday = Heat Exhaustion, Dehydration, Ameba infection

2 days private room

6 L Saline I.V.

6 meals

2 blood tests

2 dr visits

Numerous pills during stay and for home use (3 days & 6 days)

Total bill P6,860  - after Philhealth P1,498

Hospital not that bad - luckily Tata knew to bring our pillows, sheets, water, soap, TP,  too bad couldn't bring our mattress - was maybe2" thick

Service very efficient and courteous - food was food :idontknow:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

battleborn

Glad they let you out after only 2 days.  You must have been a pain in the _ _ _.!

Just kidding

• Haha 2

to_dave007
40 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Glad they let you out after only 2 days.  You must have been a pain in the _ _ _.!

Just kidding

what you mean "let" him out..  they KICKED him out.. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

lamoe
22 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Just kidding

Actually I told them I was leaving - had to be at immigration to extend Visa - going tomorrow to Mactan - last time took 15 min to get extension - at 8:30 AM

liquido

Well I can see why..Inabanga being at the north end of Bohol in a very poor area..I spent 4 years in Bohol and that area being in a hospital there is not a place I would not want to be ..

lamoe
Just now, liquido said:

Well I can see why..Inabanga being at the north end of Bohol in a very poor area..I spent 4 years in Bohol and that area being in a hospital there is not a place I would not want to be ..

I found the  quality of room and general daily care to be on par with the 3 days I stayed with Tata 2 years ago (Cebu Doctor's)

Of course not able to comment on level of surgical skills

to_dave007

According to the reference cited below...  

In Inabanga, the Francisco Dagohoy Municipal Hospital is a government owned hospital and has a capacity of 10 beds.  The Medical Director is Dr. Greg Julius D. Sodusta.  Address: Cagay-an, 6332 Inabanga, Bohol.

https://www.bohol.ph/facilities.php?cid=15

I think this iis a smallish Level 1 hospital.  Good for what @lamoe needed, but likely not very capable to deal with significant trauma beyond stabilizing the patient for travel to larger facility.

Edited by to_dave007

HTM
12 hours ago, lamoe said:

Spent last week working on family's house - Sunday was scheduled last day of  work - overdid it - almost 10 hours in 1 2/3 rds W x 3 1 /3  L x 3 M H CR putting in fixtures and plumbing - no ventilation and no fan /  was broken

Its nice to c that you can handle this and that you happy whit your treatment.
The stickers on your car say it all, the one that cant handle a visit in a public hospital here cant have that type of stickers.

Hope you ok na

cookie47

Get well soon,

Its good to get some good feedback on a province hospital.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Irenicus
13 hours ago, lamoe said:

Total bill P6,860  - after Philhealth P1,498

I am a convert to the socialized medicine model they have in the Philippines.

lamoe
Just now, HTM said:

Its nice to c that you can handle this and that you happy whit your treatment.
The stickers on your car say it all, the one that cant handle a visit in a public hospital here cant have that type of stickers.

Hope you ok na

Felt fine early  Tuesday  - was going to leave until Tata told me additional diagnostic - I knew I had Heat Exhaustion (not Heat Stroke - seen that - not good) / Dehydration before I checked in - lost several Kg  - Wt was 72 - it was the Ameba discovery that persuaded me to remain an extra day for 2nd blood work they told me they'd take in evening to clear

lamoe
Just now, Irenicus said:

I am a convert to the socialized medicine model they have in the Philippines.

From your post  "Total bill P6,860  - after Philhealth P1,498"

Not sure what bill would have been without it - was prepared to negotiate "cash discount"

Their model isn't bad  but their product is sorely lacking in what I'd consider acceptable standards

As I said, Tata knew to bring pillows, TP, towels, soap, drinking water, cause not was provided

For anything  major back to US

• Like 1

to_dave007
8 hours ago, lamoe said:

Tata knew to bring pillows, TP, towels, soap, drinking water, cause not was provided

Would be same here in Tuburan.

Dafey
On 11/28/2019 at 6:45 AM, lamoe said:

Glad you are well now. The total experience sounds reasonable though.

Did you get a sponger bath?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kabisay-an gid
On 11/27/2019 at 5:45 PM, lamoe said:

Broke the 3 cardinal rules of living here  - take  rest breaks / stay hydrated and sanitation

Didn't take a real break

Didn't drink very much water or eat

Didn't wash hands / clean scratches from playing with family dogs from several days before (probably would have fought off Ameba infection if not exhausted)

How hard would it have been to throw a few half liter bottles of water in a cheap insulated plastic drink bag, and a small bottle of alcohol-based hand sanitizer in your pocket?

I don't leave my condo in the Philippines without my vinyl drawstring bag on my back - that I keep stocked with hand sanitizer, toilet paper, various small containers of over-the-counter meds like aspirin, etcetera.

In a serious medical emergency, there may not be enough time for them to get you to a hospital in the States. But the good news is that excellent medical care can be had in the Philippines, specifically Metro Manila. 

There are 5 hospitals in MM that are internationally accredited by Joint Commission International:

St. Luke's Medical Center - Global City; St. Luke's Medical Center - Quezon City; Makati Medical Center - Makati; The Medical City - Pasig; Asian Hospital and Medical Center - Muntinlupa   

Edited by Kabisay-an gid
  • Like 1