New Coins

battleborn

SkyMan

As long as they don't make the new 20s the same size as the old 10s it looks like an improvement anyway.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Kabisay-an gid

• Paddy

• jtmwatchbiz

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chicks just love the sound of the lower denominations jingling around in my pocket as I stroll through the food court at the mall I stuff all the notes into my socks, which are pleasantly com

I commented on this issue when the first coins came out about 2 years ago, and was reprimanded by some member here that there are more important things to complain about.  Well I am not surprised that

and two years later you're still on this?  that member was right.  if you really want to sink your teeth into something then find out why Jollibee is now restricting customers to only one syrup p

Posted Images

battleborn

Well I told my wife last November that I would give her 100p for a new 5p coin when she gets one.  Kinda forgot about it till she produced one on 5/30.  I payed her.

This is the first new 5 piso coin I have seen  Now waiting for the 20 piso coin.

Anyone else seen one?

On November 28, 2019 at 6:45 AM, battleborn said:

A little while back the government introduced some new coins.  The 5 and  25 centavo, and the 1, 5, and 10 piso.  All the same finish, and they made the 1 a little smaller and the 10 bigger.  For me it made the new coins mixed in with the old ones a little confusing to tell apart.  Especially the 5. 

Well in December they will be reintroducing the 5 that will be more distinguishable.  Good

They also will stop printing the 20 piso note ( wears out to quickly ) and replace it with a 20 piso coin.  Not a good idea to me.  More coins in my pocket, and it will affect my bill paying at the sky cable machine where they take bills not coins.  And I wonder how it will affect those Jeepney drivers with 20 piso bills wrapped up between their fingers.

Oh well, life goes on in Cebu

• Haha 1
lamoe
14 minutes ago, battleborn said:

Well I told my wife last November that I would give her 100p for a new 5p coin when she gets one.  Kinda forgot about it till she produced one on 5/30.  I payed her.

This is the first new 5 piso coin I have seen  Now waiting for the 20 piso coin.

Anyone else seen one?

Get them all the time - only a little bigger than 1 P coin - serrations don't help

• Administrator
Dafey
1 hour ago, lamoe said:

Get them all the time - only a little bigger than 1 P coin - serrations don't help

not in the province...we still round up or down so nobody has to deal with centavos

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
to_dave007
4 hours ago, Dafey said:

not in the province...we still round up or down so nobody has to deal with centavos

Hmm.. I should save all my centavo coins for those annoying boys that hang around outside Gaisano.. The ones that only know 3 words in English.. "Give me money".

• Like 1
  • Administrator
Salty Dog
4 minutes ago, to_dave007 said:

Hmm.. I should save all my centavo coins for those annoying boys that hang around outside Gaisano.. The ones that only know 3 words in English.. "Give me money".

I gave a few ten centavo coins to a young beggar once. He threw them to the ground and cussed at me... :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
to_dave007
22 minutes ago, Salty Dog said:

I gave a few ten centavo coins to a young beggar once. He threw them to the ground and cussed at me... :(

lol..  that's my point.  I'd rather give some centavo's than curse at them. Annoying little critters.

Edited by to_dave007
  • Haha 1
Irenicus

Counting out the coin jars and bagging em is the nieces and nephews job.  If I am in a good mood, I will toss em 20 pesos after a thorough going over with the metal detector.

Little miscreants.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1