New Coins

battleborn

newtocebu

The chicks just love the sound of the lower denominations jingling around in my pocket as I stroll through the food court at the mall

I stuff all the notes into my socks, which are pleasantly complimented by my leather sandals

The looks on their faces are priceless - its as though they have never seen a foreigner as rich as he is handsome

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• Kabisay-an gid

• jtmwatchbiz

• Dafey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The chicks just love the sound of the lower denominations jingling around in my pocket as I stroll through the food court at the mall I stuff all the notes into my socks, which are pleasantly com

I commented on this issue when the first coins came out about 2 years ago, and was reprimanded by some member here that there are more important things to complain about.  Well I am not surprised that

and two years later you're still on this?  that member was right.  if you really want to sink your teeth into something then find out why Jollibee is now restricting customers to only one syrup p

Posted Images

Davaoeno
5 hours ago, Kreole said:

I am glad to see I can still keep some of you entertained here with my bitching about small or insignificant things.  I mean, after all, you did take some of your precious time to read and reply, if only to diminish the validity of the complaint.  Those of you who actually enjoy the banter of invalidating others opinions here only create a hostile environment wherein you must be reprimanded and scolded like little children for being such self righteous picayunys.  Now I am just "bantering' back at you, so don't take it too personally, even if it applies. 

As to the "validity" of the complaint about the coins fiasco, who are you to criticize?  If it happened in your country of origin, I can bet there would be a shit storm of commentary because other countries just won't put up with such incompetence.  The US, for instance, tried to foist the Susan B. Anthony dollar coin on the citizens, along with the $2 bill and, well, that didn't work out too well.  More importantly, to unnecessarily waste critical resources on re-coining when there are so many more important needs of this poor country, seems to me to be a serious matter;  it is not just the inconvenience and the poor design of the coins here, it is that it was just a huge waste of money, time and effort that could have been better used to rebuild infrastructure and a million other more important priorities. 

And please don't try to convince me that the RP actually saves money with the re-coining because that is bs.  The money skimmed off the top of the contracts along with the recalibrations for all the down line users, have to be added to the costs.  Not only were people very accustomed to the original coinage, but it was really well designed and executed.  No one can argue with that.  However, for us partially color blind souls who can't tell the difference in colors between the 100 and 1000 peso notes, well, that is another story.  At least the bills are not all an ugly greenish gray, or made of plastic.  Although, some will claim there is no more beautiful color in the world than a $100 USD.

Man you need to get laid more often !! Hehe 

• Haha 2
jtmwatchbiz
7 minutes ago, Davaoeno said:

Man you need to get laid more often !! Hehe 

if he would put parentheses around certain phrases and throw in a few capitalized words for emphasis his declarations would be practically indistinguishable from our resident forum expert on all stuff.  :biggrin_01:    

RogerDuMond

That is enough. Lets take it easy on each other.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Kreole said:

made of plastic.

It was the Canadian plastic bills that finally convinced me to use the “tap and pay” feature of my ATM card in places like Tim Hortons. Completely useless here, of course!

Kabisay-an gid
9 hours ago, Paddy said:

It was the Canadian plastic bills that finally convinced me to use the “tap and pay” feature of my ATM card in places like Tim Hortons. Completely useless here, of course!

You can "tap & pay" at select stores in SM Malls nationwide, with a Visa card:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/04/05/18/visa-sm-launch-contactless-payment-system

3 hours ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

You can "tap & pay" at select stores in SM Malls nationwide, with a Visa card:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/04/05/18/visa-sm-launch-contactless-payment-system

Sorry, I should have used my standard phrase “here in Masbate”. I know of two places I can actually use a card - neither place supports contactless payment. 
Masbate doesn’t have an SM Mall. 

Kabisay-an gid
22 minutes ago, SkyMan said:

The article says starting April 5th but doesn't mention a year.

It says the article was posted on April 5th, 2018 - underneath the article title. So it's already available, if one has the right type of Visa card.

SkyMan
55 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

It says the article was posted on April 5th, 2018 - underneath the article title. So it's already available, if one has the right type of Visa card.

It also says updated in January 2019. I have not yet seen a tap and pay though I don't go to SM a lot. Has anyone seen these? I have had the pleasure of not having to sign receipts for some smaller purchases. I think the problem implementing tap and pay here is that the card machines aren't connected to the POS registers so the cashier has to print a paper receipt and manually enter the payment info into the POS. This is because they have multiple bank accounts, each with their own cc machine and taking different cards for each. If the banks could somehow get together on this then......ahhhhhh but I'm dreaming now. Tsk.

Edited by SkyMan
Kabisay-an gid
2 hours ago, Paddy said:

Sorry, I should have used my standard phrase “here in Masbate”. I know of two places I can actually use a card - neither place supports contactless payment. 
Masbate doesn’t have an SM Mall. 

Don't feel bad. There are stores in Gaisano Grand Mactan that still don't accept any credit cards.

3 minutes ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

Don't feel bad

I don’t 😀. Since I read your Visa list, I realized I have 3 places not 2. We do have an Ace Hardware....

SkyMan
1 hour ago, Kabisay-an gid said:

@SkyMan

Here's a list of stores direct from the Visa Philippines website, that they claim are accepting the tap & pay Visa cards:

https://www.visa.com.ph/partner-with-us/payment-technology/visa-contactless-sm.html

I don't think I've seen it here in Ace or SM but next time I'm there I'll look closer.  Has anyone used it here?  I have a feeling there won't be a significant improvement to the other methods because the cashier will still have to manually enter the amount into the machine and then enter the codes and everything else into the POS.

Edited by SkyMan